- Animals found through taming can be bred to discover lesser-known species variants with untold powers and abilities.
- Mounts, such as horses are an early gateway into the Animal husbandry profession.
- Animal husbandry will be an exploritative profession.
Many animals that can be tamed and bred through the animal husbandry profession can be found in herds across the lands of Verra. These herds represent a gatherable resource, of sorts, that masters of the animal husbandry profession may then use to discover lesser-known species variants with untold powers and abilities. Mounts play a large role in Ashes of Creation, and animals like the horse are an early gateway into the unlimited possibilities that await those skilled in the arts of husbandry.
- Animals can be found in herds across the lands of Верра that represent a gatherable resource.
- Genetic lines react to the type of mount or creature that has been captured or tamed.
- Боевая система proficiency may be required in order to tame wild beasts.
- Rare creatures can be captured and tamed to breed animals with specific traits.
- Royal mounts (such as Dragons) are dropped as eggs that can be cultivated by Animal husbandry artisans with a high enough stable upgrade on their freehold.
- These mounts are not breedable.
- Mounts that are bred through animal husbandry may be sold at auction.
- Animals have a unique ID that is tied to the husbandry chart (compendium) that takes into account possible combinations between animals. There will be odd combinations, but there will be limits to what is possible.
- Discovery of certain breeding habits and different quests may grant access to slots in the compendium.
Animal husbandry involves a tree of its own that players get to discover via what pairings they choose... That's going to be a pretty fun aspect of creating rare mounts that haven't been seen in the world. – Steven Sharif
- The genetic system will involve trial and error to determine what yields or combinations are possible. This will incorporate an element of RNG.
- This may grant access to specific types of mounts.
- A dominant genetic trait might be discovered with a pairing or there may be a much smaller chance to unlock a specific breed of species.
- These chances are improved based on the player's advancement within the Animal husbandry profession.
Each of these animals have a unique ID. There's going to be essentially this husbandry chart that takes into account potential combinations between animals that you have. So there's gonna be a little bit of obviously trial and error as players begin to explore this genetic system to determine what yields are possible; and those yields are obviously going to have an element of RNG to them as well. So you know you may pick up on a more dominant genetic trait within the pairing, or you may have a much smaller chance to unlock a specific breed of species; and then those chances obviously get augmented by your advancement within the Animal Husbandry profession. So a person who's more experienced in pairing of certain animals, and even the specific types of pairings, will increase their likelihood- their RNG chances of essentially birthing a unique mount; and being able then to sell those on an open auction. They can also be applied as certificates toward the construction of particular caravans as well. – Steven Sharif
There are stages of development within breeding.
- Youngling stage: For mammals this relates to baby animals. For lizards (reptiles) this is an egg stage.
- Changes at the Youngling stage affect the appearance of the animal at adulthood.
- During the Youngling stage there may also be quests for specific types of cosmetic features.
Royal mounts are a tier 3 class of flying mounts available to Mayors of metropolis nodes and Kings and Queens of Guild castles. Royal mounts can also be dropped from legendary world bosses.
- Royal mounts are capable of true flight when utilized by Mayors of metropolis nodes or Kings and Queens of Guild castles.
- If dropped from World bosses, royal mounts will have a life-span likely between 15 to 30 days (online and offline time) after which the mounts will pass away.
- Royal mounts are dropped as eggs that can be cultivated through the Animal husbandry profession for artisans with a high enough stable upgrade on their freehold. The eggs themselves also have a lifetime.
- Royal mount eggs are able to be sold to other players.
- Royal mounts are not breedable.
- Each server may have between 10 to 20 royal mounts based on the legendary world boss timers.
- Royal mounts are 3 or 4 times larger than gliding mounts (tier 2 mounts).
Generally flying is not something that we're going to be doing in this game and there's a lot of reasons for that: Some of it is economic, some of it is ... you create this really great looking world and we don't want you flying over all the time. – Джеффри Бард
At any given point in time you're gonna see anywhere from 10 to maybe at max I would say around 20 based off of the legendary world boss timers. Probably 20 people who have flying abilities. – Steven Sharif
- Royal horses will be able to fly.
- Other types of legendary, mythical creatures.
Dragons are a class of these royal mounts. You can get different types of royal mounts. They don't have to be dragons. They could be some other type of legendary mythical creature... It will be an epic looking large-scale creature and people will notice you and it while you are approaching. – Steven Sharif
- An area used to breed animals within the Animal husbandry profession.
- A building for housing mounts.
- Castles come with a royal stables.
- Mayors can choose to build royal stables within their node. Once chosen, the community will need to build the stables through quests.
- Royal mounts must be mounted in a royal stables in order to fly.
The royal mounts will be the only class of mounts that can fully fly in the world; and they are will be needed to be mounted while in a royal stables. Royal stables are a building that can be built in a node if elected to be built by the mayor and supported by the community building it up through the quests to do so; and castles come with a royal stable as well. So once you have a royal stable and you become that Mayor or King or Queen, you may then mount the creature there and then take it wherever you wish. – Steven Sharif
Mount abilities and stats
- Mounts will provide resistances, defensive abilities, skills, charge abilities, and attacks.
- Mounts will have varied speeds.
- A player can dismount and have their mount follow them.
- Players can't use their class skills while mounted.
- Mounts can be targeted separately from the player while mounted.
- Mounts can be killed by players, but can be resurrected after a certain cooldown period.
- There will be smaller mules.
Since ancient times, the hippogryph has been a symbol of noble and majestic strength for numerous cultures. They are cunning and fiercely independent creatures. A rarity it is, for one to have the opportunity to get close enough without being torn apart by their piercing beaks and talons. However, those fortunate enough to form a bond with a hippogryph will find them to be loyal beings, almost to a fault. It is a sight to see a hippogryph and its rider leading the vanguard of a prestigious army. Such is the inspiration they bring.
- Gear is not available to Summons (Summoner pets).
- Combat pets will incorporate some of their owner's power in a way that keeps the power progression horizontal.
- Class specific appearance.
- Race specific appearance.
- Through in-game items.
- Through cosmetics that will be offered.
- Potentially through a summon creation suite, based on the Animal husbandry system.
The other cool thing about the you know summoner that we want to implement is kind of a summon creation suite where you can customize the appearance potentially based on what you found in the world. Something that's already going to be implemented with the animal husbandry system; and there's no reason why we can't take that technology- that you know system and apply it elsewhere such as with the Summoner. – Steven Sharif
Ресурсы Подземного мира
- Это повлияет на профессии Земледелие и Animal husbandry.
- Поскольку у игроков может быть только один Надел, то, если они хотят разместить его в Подземном мире, им следует соответствующим образом выбирать свою ремесленную специализацию.
- Подкаст, 15 November 2020 (35:42).
- Стрим, 16 June 2017 (28:07).
- Blog: A noble steed
- Стрим, 1 June 2017 (28:42).
- Стрим, 18 January 2018 (33:07).
- Стрим, 17 August 2018 (12:27).
- Стрим, 17 May 2017 (1:04:12).
- Интервью, 18 July 2020 (49:46).
- Стрим, 26 May 2017 (46:43).
- Стрим, 29 May 2020 (43:19).
- Стрим, 8 April 2018 (AM) (12:34).
- Стрим, 9 February 2018 (39:42).
- Подкаст, 11 May 2018 (1:02:02).
- Стрим, 22 May 2017 (53:39).
- Подкаст, 4 August 2018 (1:22:24).
- Стрим, 6 December 2018 (41:43).
- Стрим, 30 September 2019 (1:39:01).
- Стрим, 8 April 2018 (PM) (51:49).
- Стрим, 26 May 2017 (37:17).
- Интервью, 18 July 2020 (52:28).
- Интервью, 18 July 2020 (52:57).
- Стрим, 29 May 2020 (39:02).
- Стрим, 17 November 2017 (33:17).
- Node series part II – the Metropolis.
- Интервью, 19 July 2020 (1:05:41).
- Стрим, 5 May 2017 (22:44).
- Стрим, 5 May 2017 (38:27).
- Стрим, 28 June 2019 (57:18).
- Lore of the Hippogryph.
- Видео, 27 June 2019 (3:42).
- Стрим, 30 November 2020 (1:26:00).
- Стрим, 28 June 2019 (1:24:27).
- Стрим, 17 May 2017 (1:07:55).
- Стрим, 8 April 2018 (AM) (0:58).
- Стрим, 30 January 2020 (1:26:09).
- Стрим, 1 июня 2017 (24:30).