- Caravans are for transfer of personal goods and quests as well as supplies for castles and nodes.
- Caravans can transport goods for more than one player.
- 1 Caravan types
- 2 Caravan inventory
- 3 Caravan components
- 4 Initiating caravans
- 5 Mayors
- 6 Trade routes
- 7 Caravan PvP
- 8 Caravan destruction
- 9 Artisan supply chain
- 10 Castle nodes
- 11 Caravan skins
- 12 Zergs
- 13 Иллюстрации
- 14 Справочники сообщества
- 15 Смотрите также
- 16 Примечания
Quest driven caravans
- These are initiated by players with a diverse choice of routes and launch windows, making them difficult to zerg.
- Initiating a caravan from one node to another will create a PvP objective that players will need to defend while it moves along its chosen route to the selected destination.
- Node-based caravan stats and capabilities scale with their node's advancement.
- Дороги will upgrade as nodes advance. Different roads will dictate the speed and type of caravan required (off road vs on road).
The caravan system is designed to be initiated by the player. Which means, information of the caravans launch time and route, should be a closely guarded secret. Routes will also be diverse, and the world is large, so it might behoove you to scout the route ahead before a launch. Fast travel in our game is also limited, which means unless the guild had knowledge of your plans before hand, it is likely that they will be unable to organize and travel to a location. As far as mass guilds securing trade routes, there is always a bigger fish in the pond. Also caravans will have limitations on carrying capacity and launch windows that will segment mulitiple caravans by several minutes, which would space out the caravans, making it difficult to "zerg" a defense. – Steven Sharif
Personal (Self-directed/player driven) caravans are initiated by the player, who essentially "becomes the caravan". These are land-based and water-based (naval caravans) that the player drives and directs.
- These are currently designed for a single driver.
- Personal caravans can be launched from any point of storage.
- Personal caravans are capable of transitioning to/from naval caravans.
- Personal caravans will come in varying sizes and capacities.
- By default player caravans will have a racial appearance that influences the types of animals that are moving the caravan.
- Naval caravans are capable of transitioning to and from land caravans at the point of intersection of land and ocean.
- These caravans will come in varying sizes and capacities.
- By default naval caravans have a racial appearance. Players will be able to apply caravan skins to change this appearance.
Certain ships can be hijacked. Naval caravans can not be hijacked. The cargo on a trade ship will be similar to caravans in that the ship must be destroyed in order to capture the loot from its wreckage.
Personal inventory limits are tied to a backpack. Material and gatherable items are subject to quantity rather than weight limits. Caravans and Mules are intended to be the primary mode of transportation of goods beyond these limits.
- Mules can carry roughly 10 times more than backpacks. Caravans can carry roughly 10 times more than mules.
- Caravans will have carrying capacity limits and customizable stats, such as defensive points, speed and number of hired NPC guards.
- Inventory expansion and weight management training certificates are available in the Galleria at City stage economic nodes.
- A player's inventory has sections for different types of items. Quest items for example will not fill a player's regular inventory capacity.
- The stacking limit of potions might be one hundred. The stacking limit of food items might be 999 or 1000.
- Armor rating (damage mitigation).
- Hit points.
- Number of hired NPC guards.
- Mounts bred through the Животноводство profession can be applied as certificates toward the construction of caravans.
Quest driven caravan initiation
- The resources it will carry.
- If it is initiated for a specific quest in a nearby node.
- If the goods are intended for trade or warehousing in a regional market.
- The recipient of the caravan (e.g. a Temple within the nearby node).
When you initiate a caravan you're going to be able to determine the resources of the caravan is going to have in it. You're going to be able to determine whether or not this caravan has been initiated for a specific quest in a nearby node. You're going to be able to deliver goods for trade or to just warehouse in a new region, so that you have access to that local market. – Steven Sharif
When you're in a nearby node that you need to drive caravan to... you're going to have an option from the NPC within a nearby node to dictate the caravan launch as a recipient of the temple yeah. – Steven Sharif
Personal caravan initiation
- There will be a delay of one or two minutes while the caravan transitions while a conversion structure spawns. This introduces a small window of vulnerability.
- The conversion structure does not benefit from damage mitigation points of land or naval caravans, so it's a very weak position to be in.
At the point in which your character or model intersects with an ocean it will spawn a conversion mesh or a conversion structure; and there will be a period of time, up to several minutes depending on the capacity of the caravan with the resources and/or materials that is necessary for the conversion to take place; and then the naval caravan will be available; and you can intersect that line again with land to try to convert back to a land-based caravan – Steven Sharif
- Coordinate the transfer of needed supplies with citizens operating caravans.
- Only one citizenship may be declared per account, per server.
- This may have changed to one citizenship per account.
- A king or queen can also become a mayor.
- Enter into trade agreements.
- Directing assets.
- Mayors are able to allocate treasury funding to hire mercenary NPCs to defend their node during sieges.
- Mayors are able to initiate quest-driven systems that non-citizens can participate in. The mayor can use a portion of the node's treasury or goods as rewards for quest completion. Players will be able to interface with the node to view the quests that are available to them.
The government has a lot of say in the direction of the nodes development. Directing assets, building projects, tax allocation, defensive ability etc. Players have the ability to not only create these cities, but they have the right of self-governance.
There are levers and dials that are present to both the owners of Castles as well as the elected officials of Nodes that during their administration they have the ability to impact and influence the region around them. – Steven Sharif
- Guilds hold separate roles in the direction of the node than the roles held by private citizens.
- Only a certain number of guilds may participate in these roles.
- Separate guild roles are reserved for small, medium and large guilds.
Guild’s also hold separate roles in the direction of the node, than the roles held by private citizens, and only a certain number of guilds may participate in these roles. Separate guild roles are reserved for Small size guilds, medium size guilds and large size guilds.
- Economic relationships between nodes established by Mayors or node citizens.
- From a diplomatic standpoint the ability for the mayor or citizens to set up NPC routed trade routes between nodes as a trade agreement or as a diplomatic process. – Steven Sharif
- For example: this node over here might have access to cotton as a resource and when that node processes that cotton it might be some very nice type of linen that only that node, or very rarely nodes would have access to. So when you initiate a trade route, you're bringing its supplies that the mayor has requested because they're trying to build, let's say a specific type of service building, or they're trying to unlock a blueprint that they have access to now to build up their node. – Steven Sharif
- Крупнейшие дороги именуются артериями. Это остатки некогда пронизывавшей всю Верру транспортной сети.
- По мере развития узлов более узкие дороги, именуемые венами, начинают соединять узлы и артерии.
- В зависимости от этапа развития узла, от него начнут ветвиться капилляры, соединяющие узел с точками интереса.
- Дороги или пути не образуются в ландшафте из-за постоянного движения по одной и той же зоне.
Наша внутриигровая система дорог изначально будет основываться на предварительно проложенных маршрутах, ведущих к основной артерии, которая когда-то была транспортной сетью Верры; после этого появятся дороги, образующиеся в результате развития узлов; мы называем их венами. Они отходят от основной артерии. По мере развития узлов появляются точки интереса, как ранее сказал Джефф. Эти точки интереса существуют по всему миру, и некоторые из них находятся на территории нескольких узлов сразу, но в зависимости от того, какой узел первым разовьётся до того уровня, при котором активируется точка интереса, к нему проляжет сеть, так сказать, дорог-капилляров. Итак, от основной артерии, древней крупной транспортной сети, проходящей через несколько зон, мы переходим к венам, ведущим к отдельным лагерям, деревням и городам, которые, в свою очередь, создают отдельные капилляры, ведущие к точкам интереса в этих зонах, то есть к охотничьим угодьям. Изначально они будут отсутствовать, и появятся только по мере развития мира игроками. – Steven Sharif
Различные препятствия могут блокировать дороги, и игрокам нужно будет их убирать, чтобы обеспечивать товаропоток.
- Players will not be able to see the exact contents of a caravan before they decide to attack or defend, however there will be some visual hints to the cargo of the caravan, such as gold, silver, or iron visible on top of the caravan.
- Players will be able to state their intentions to attack, defend or ignore via a user interface window.
- The proximity that the UI window appears is determined by the player's performance as either a defender or an attacker in previous raids.
- A group will be required to successfully attack a caravan.
- A caravan will persist in the world for a period of 5 to 10 minutes from the time its owner logs out or is disconnected from the server.
It's still intended from a design standpoint to be a window that is presented to the player based on proximity; and that proximity it can be greater depending on your performance as either a defender or an attacker in previous raids. – Steven Sharif
- A quest system will track a player's successful or failed defenses and attacks. This will provide rewards that scale up over time based on the player's history.
- Other incentives are social and are created (informally) between players.
The caravan defender role is going to have its own progression questing and rewards associated with it that are going to attract a certain subset of players and then you know vice-versa wise we're going to have incentives that appeal to the more highway brigand type players; and you know you might not always be on one side or the other: that might change depending on what your interests are in the at the time. But obviously you know those types of systems need to have robust you know consequential type rewards and benefits associated with them in order to compel the player; and that's something obviously we're going to test in alphas and betas and see how performant it is in actually attracting players to participate and make sure it's not just one-sided so-to-speak. – Steven Sharif
Also the hope would be that the people who are running the caravans can offer their own rewards that "Hey if you come help me defend this thing I'll give you some cut", or that these are my friends or these are my guilds- that a lot of the sort of incentive is social and created between players. – Джеффри Бард
- Mayors are able to allocate treasury funding to hire mercenary NPCs to defend their node during sieges.
- Players can assign these NPCs, but won't micromanage them, in a similar manner to pets.
- NPC mercanaries can also be hired to participate in castle sieges.
- Mercenaries of different types and strengths may be available to defend caravans during these events based on the allocation made by the governing castle and how successful they have been defending their castle nodes.
- These mechanics are subject to change based on testing and priorities.
There are mercenary NPCs that can be assigned to players. We've discussed about that before and those will follow generically... a kind of pet system even you know adopted majority of the pet system with the added bonus of kind of objective based points of interest that you can assign them to. But we don't want to inundate the field with these mercenaries they'll be kind of few and far between. They'll be assigned specifically like let's say for example you know as the mayor of a node during a siege you'll be able to assign these two specific players that are citizens within your node and then they'll have those they'll spawn during the during the node siege; or vice versa and the castle siege you know guild leaders can assign mercenaries that are available based on the progress of those subsidiary nodes around the castle siege whether or not you have those available to your defense or your attack. – Steven Sharif
Performance in various PvP systems (such as Caravans, Arenas, Guild wars) is measured over the course of 6 month PvP seasons. At the end of each season, a player's cumulative score may unlock various rewards.
Gear enhancement rewards
We are very likely going to have a rune system and then we'll have the ability to sort of enchant weapons outside of that too... That's not always going to be like a vertical progression... Some of it's going to be giving up something to get something else; so maybe I do less physical damage but more magical damage, that kind of thing. – Джеффри Бард
- Развитие in various PvP systems will unlock enchantment stones that grant temporary PvP-focused benefits to gear (via a socketing system). Performance is measured over six month PvP seasons.
It's not as though you're going to necessarily acquire these once and then you're set for your PvP enchantments, but instead you'll have to continually perform month after month in order to keep having those slotted enchantments. – Steven Sharif
If a caravan is destroyed (becomes a wreckage) it will drop a portion of the goods it was transporting. The remainder of the caravan's goods are sunk (lost) when the caravan is destroyed.
- Anyone may loot the caravan's wreckage.
- Caravan components may also drop when a caravan is destroyed. These components may be salvageable by the caravan owner or by other players, in the case of high grade components.
- Caravans drop certificates for heavy goods that are redeemable at the origin node for a portion of the goods.
The caravan becomes a wreckage upon destruction and that wreckage is an interfaceable item that players can come up to and they can receive certificates for a portion of the goods inside the caravan. Now the idea with that certificate is that it must be taken back to the point of origin, or at least a region within that point of origin. We'll see about that last part because there's a few things I want to test in the Alpha from a gameability standpoint. The reason why for this is because what might happen is you may have some type of collaboration within a guild to kind of game that system. Hey I'm gonna reach this caravan just to the border of the region and then we're all destroy it, collect the goods and take it to you know that region's warehouse; and have to skip out on the last half of the way. So it must successfully reach its destination before the goods can be considered a part of that region. – Steven Sharif
Artisan supply chain
Ремесленники в Ashes of Creation должны выбрать путь развития в дереве ремесленных умений. Взаимная зависимость профессий устанавливает целую цепочку производства от сырья до готового продукта. Каждая стадия производства может потребовать караван для транспортировки товаров от одного ремесленника к другому.
- Получение сырья:
- Очисткой сырья с помощью обрабатывающих профессий.
- Крафтом готовых продуктов используя рецепты.
Как крафтер, вы захотите узнать, где можно создать предметы по определенным рецептам; какие узлы имеют возможность обрабатывать материалы, которые вы произвели или собрали; и тогда вы захотите спланировать свой маршрут, чтобы либо перевезти туда товар, либо убедиться, что вы находитесь в подходящем для сбора и постройки районе. Поэтому необходимо тщательное планирование. – Steven Sharif
- Castle nodes exist outside of the node system. They are independent of anything that's happening outside in the world with other nodes shutting off certain nodes from progressing.
- Castle nodes do not have Citizenship, Zones of Influence, Наделы, Node governments, or Social organizations.
- Castle nodes cannot exceed stage 3 (Village).
- Castle nodes are always military node types.
- Each of the dedicated castle nodes is barren at the start of the castle ownership period.
- The guild must develop those nodes to enhance the defenses of the castle.
- It will be possible, but very difficult for a single guild to fully develop these nodes. They will likely need assistance from the broader community.
- Mercenary NPCs of different types and strengths can also be hired to participate in castle sieges and defend caravans during these events based on the allocation made by the governing castle and how successful they have been defending their castle nodes.
Once the castle is owned by a guild that's when the supporting castle nodes start to come online and spawn each week prior to the fourth week castle siege. They'll have to form alliances, they'll have to get support, they'll have to get resources, they'll be able to allocate funds that have been collected through taxation in order to strengthen the defenses as well as hiring additional NPC mercenaries. – Steven Sharif
- Levelling castle nodes is a hastened process compared to regular nodes.
- At the end of each week leading up to a castle siege there is a period of time in the weekend where NPC generated caravans start moving toward one of the castle nodes carrying castle taxes from the nodes that fall under the castle's purview.
- During this time it is incumbent upon the owning guild, its allies, and citizens of the nodes to escort these caravans to the castle node.
- The enemies of the guild have incentive to attack these caravans to reap the rewards from the caravan and to sabotage the tax collection, which will reduce the defensive capability of the castle nodes and hence the castle itself.
- Citizens of nodes that fall under the purview of the castle are automatically registered as defenders of these caravans and may not participate in attacks against them.
- Completing these quests unlocks services and functions that are useful to the occupying guild and its allies as well as boosting the defenses the castle.
- Only members of the occupying guild are citizens of these nodes.
- This citizenship is different to normal node citizenship. Castle nodes don't operate like normal nodes.
List of caravan skins
Encounters are designed to have meaning in terms of how boss skills and abilities relate to group compositions, tactics and strategies. Zerging is not experiencing content. There are different ways to make a fight more difficult for larger sized groups without relying solely on stat buffs or making the boss a "damage sponge".
- Raid and dungeon bosses have specific mechanics and abilities that players need to learn and react to. Zergs that are not aware of these mechanics or react to them appropriately will be wiped.
- There may be environmental hazards and AoE effects that cause more damage based on the number of players present.
- There is a give-and-take for guilds that want to see a larger number of members as opposed to a more focused group that may be a part of an alliance.
We're very cognizant of the fact that we don't want to see zerging be a mechanic that's utilized by guilds to accomplish content or just to steamroll over sieges... There are specific mechanics that we are working on that will be seen through the testing phases that relate to a degree of understanding of certain systems that can't just be overrun with numbers. – Steven Sharif
The best way that I found in games I played previously to take down a zerg is to cause drama from within... It's that conflict inside of the politicking that happens in that big organization. If we provide opportunities for division to occur then it also provides stability to keep a server healthy away from that zerg mentality also... If we approach the castle siege and we've destroyed the walls and we're in the throne room and we're about to cast on the penultimate thing and I at this time am just so excited from what's happening that I'm like "screw it I'm gonna go for it". It's gonna be mine. I'm gonna take the taxes for the next month. I'm gonna take all the gear from the castle. I'm gonna take everything... We kind of want that political intrigue to be present in the game. – Steven Sharif
Objective-based game play helps to balance the zerg mentality.
I always feel that if you balance based on groups that in your balance focus is to incorporate features that play well from a player versus player perspective as well as a player versus environment perspective: Having support classes, having DPS and tanks that can obstruct movement and/or create you know bottlenecks on the field and stuff like that. I think a well-rounded raid it will perform better against a non well-rounded raid, however then you incorporate the second aspect of numbers; and that's where again mobility, organization, leadership tactics. Having objectives in gameplay that make those important helps to balance the zerg mentality that a lot of guilds can tend to have. – Steven Sharif
- Стрим, 29 May 2020 (1:03:35).
- About Ashes of Creation.
- Видео, 16 July 2019 (0:00s).
- Стрим, 15 May 2017 (45:20).
- Интервью, 20 January 2017 (4:19).
- Интервью, 11 May 2018 (28:21).
- Стрим, 22 December 2020 (1:13:51).
- Ashes of Creation Store: Ramstone Hauler.
- Стрим, 28 July 2017 (19:43).
- Видео, 15 July 2019 (2:12).
- Стрим, 9 February 2018 (45:48).
- Стрим, 30 April 2020 (58:05).
- Стрим, 8 April 2018 (AM) (15:46).
- Стрим, 30 April 2020 (56:58).
- Стрим, 23 August 2017 (28:22).
- Стрим, 29 May 2020 (1:28:38).
- Стрим, 8 April 2018 (PM) (1:20:03).
- Стрим, 31 July 2020 (1:17:45).
- Стрим, 15 May 2017 (45:19).
- Стрим, 27 April 2017 (6:11).
- Стрим, 29 May 2020 (1:27:18).
- Стрим, 18 July 2017 (44:57).
- Стрим, 22 May 2017 (40:41).
- Стрим, 25 July 2020 (1:14:13).
- Know Your Nodes: Economic Node Type.
- Стрим, 28 July 2017 (20:56).
- Стрим, 29 May 2020 (46:36).
- Стрим, 29 May 2020 (43:19).
- Стрим, 30 June 2017 (53:57).
- Стрим, 30 October 2020 (1:03:52).
- Интервью, 19 July 2020 (41:32).
- Стрим, 30 April 2020 (1:14:44).
- Стрим, 29 May 2020 (1:29:41).
- Стрим, 12 December 2018 (14:48).
- Стрим, 17 November 2017 (9:49).
- Интервью, 11 May 2018 (50:05).
- Интервью, 20 October 2018 (2:36).
- Blog - Know Your Nodes - The Basics.
- Стрим, 25 July 2020 (1:52:45).
- City hall.
- MMOGames interview, January 2017
- Стрим, 26 June 2020 (59:11).
- Интервью, 8 July 2020 (1:04:05).
- Стрим, 19 May 2017 (36:05).
- Интервью, 11 May 2018 (47:27).
- Стрим, 19 May 2017 (36:09).
- Подкаст, 29 September 2021 (8:38).
- Стрим, 17 May 2017 (30:53).
- Kickstarter - We Just Broke $1,500,000!
- Стрим, 29 января 2021 (55:44).
- Стрим, 29 января 2021 (1:13:04).
- Стрим, 9 февраля 2018 (45:48).
- Стрим, 19 мая 2017 (32:23).
- Стрим, 26 июня 2020 (1:29:06).
- Стрим, 8 мая 2017 (20:27).
- Стрим, 30 октября 2020 (1:19:13).
- Стрим, 28 March 2020 (1:27:28).
- Стрим, 29 January 2021 (1:25:14).
- Интервью, 27 March 2020 (16:19).
- Стрим, 22 May 2017 (40:40).
- Стрим, 25 July 2020 (55:32).
- Стрим, 27 August 2021 (1:22:56).
- Стрим, 26 February 2021 (1:16:21).
- Стрим, 28 August 2020 (1:41:24).
- Стрим, November 22 2019 (1:14:23).
- Стрим, 30 April 2021 (1:01:10).
- Стрим, 24 September 2021 (1:22:46).
- Интервью, 18 July 2020 (16:34).
- Стрим, 4 June 2018 (1:11:19).
- Стрим, 4 June 2018 (21:37).
- Стрим, 26 March 2021 (1:15:57).
- Интервью, 18 July 2020 (14:22).
- Стрим, 15 December 2017 (1:04:25).
- Интервью, 15 April 2019 (26:59).
- Стрим, 30 April 2021 (1:04:23).
- Интервью, 15 April 2019 (28:28).
- Стрим, 5 Мая 2017 (8:22).
- Стрим, 5 Мая 2017 (6:12).
- Стрим, 8 Мая 2017 (20:41).
- Стрим, 18 Июля 2017 (38:30).
- Стрим, 26 Мая 2017 (26:00).
- Интервью, 11 Мая 2018 (24:18).
- Blog: 10 facts about castle sieges in the MMORPG.
- Подкаст, 23 April 2018 (15:14).
- Подкаст, 23 April 2018 (21:55).
- Стрим, 26 July 2019 (1:29:00).
- Стрим, 28 August 2020 (1:39:02).
- Стрим, 23 August 2017 (23:00).
- Стрим, 5 May 2017 (23:26).
- Стрим, 19 May 2017 (25:18).
- Стрим, 30 November 2020 (1:16:09).
- Стрим, 22 May 2017 (57:37).
- Интервью, 11 May 2018 (44:20).
- Интервью, 8 August 2018 (11:52).