- Открытый мир dungeons will be populated to facilitate multiple groups within the dungeon.
- Instanced dungeons will also be present and will cater for solo and group questlines.
There are going to be smaller, simpler, linear dungeons. There's going to be bigger, more complex, nonlinear dungeons. So, It's a little bit of both. We want the environment to be a character. In order for the environment to be a character, these places need to be interesting and there needs to be a dynamicism to them. – Джеффри Бард
- 1 Открытый мир
- 2 Dungeon scale
- 3 Dungeon content
- 4 Group sizes
- 5 Loot tables
- 6 Underwater dungeons
- 7 Zergs
- 8 Leader boards
- 9 Jumping mechanics
- 10 Announcements/Notifications
- 11 Менторство
- 12 Videos
- 13 Artwork
- 14 Смотрите также
- 15 Примечания
- Между регионами не будет подгрузок или загрузочных экранов.
- Инстансы будут реализованы только в некоторых подземельях где желаемо подчеркнуть нарратив. Помимо них и арен будет не так много инстансов где-либо еще.
- Massive caverns and open world spaces.
- Places to suit larger and smaller commitments.
- Where people with 30 minutes can participate.
- Dungeons are vast and have room for multiple groups.
- Populations will change.
- Content difficulty will change.
- The content may be different altogether, depending on what is developed and how.
- Different types of antagonists with different story lines.
- Some dungeons will only be unlocked if nodes are developed to certain stages.
- Storyline objectives for players inside dungeons will depend on the story arc paths chosen through the node system.
- Drop tables in areas and dungeons will be tied into the progression of certain areas.
Certain dungeons and other points of interest across the map will all be affected by the server’s node development. Some dungeons will only be unlocked if nodes are developed to certain stages. The storyline objectives for players inside dungeons will also be dependent on the story arc paths chosen through the node system. The drop tables in area and dungeons will also be tied into the progression of certain areas. For example, let’s say that the humans have developed a node in Region A, and a storyline has opened up that leads players to inspect the ruins (dungeon) of a nearby area. And let’s say that this node was developed in a scientific (crafting) zone… Well before the node developed, this dungeon was accessible… But now the dungeon has propagated new monster assets that include a drop table catering to a crafting emphasis because of the development of that scientific node. And perhaps, a new boss appears in different rooms of the dungeon that includes different adventure quest starts, like a mysterious item with a storyline that can only be progressed if a node develops to the metropolis stage in a certain region, across the world. Our system is so vast, when it comes to interconnectivity and how the world reacts to the players.
Raids will also have dynamic elements that can change from session to session.
- The types and numbers of bosses and mobs present in the raid and their skill repertoire.
- Variables are manifested based on node progression.
One of the design elements that we're implementing into our raids is that the raid will not be exactly the same every single time. You're going to have variables that can't necessarily be pre-planned out for. You can pre-plan out for a lot of the raid like how many DPS do you need and healers and support; where the key position and all that kind of stuff; but I think the compelling aspect of Ashes raiding will be the difficulty in achieving this content and having that content change from session to session as well. We want there to be variables that get manifested by you know what type of node got developed elsewhere. Is he going to have acolytes or cultists? What will the acolytes have skills [available] to them? What kit is the boss gonna have? What available skill repertoire will the boss be able to [wield]? ... A lot of those systems are influenced obviously by world development. So the raid kind of takes into account at what stage has the world developed: Are there two metropolises now available in the world? Okay well let's activate this skill in this skill. Now you have five metropolises, well now all these skills have been activated. Are there are they all economic nodes? Are they all military nodes? That we can change things based on that stuff. And it really is a threat assessment from the environment against the players. – Стивен Шариф
- The party size is eight (8) players for a single group.
- Raids will have 40 man groups.
- Content will be tailored for 40, 16 and 8 person group sizes.
- Arenas will have 1 man, 3 man, 5 man and possibly 20 man Free-For-All (Deathmatch) group sizes.
- Castle sieges are expected to have at minimum 250x250 players to be on a single battlefield, with the possibility of increasing this to 500x500 over time.
The idea behind an 8-person group is to allow us to really amplify party roles, and to create a need for each of the archetypes in every party.
- Mechanics exist within larger conflicts for small groups and even solo players to impact the battle.
- This includes systems that will likely focus on single group sized participants while the larger battle is occurring.
Ashes of Creation Apocalypse group sizes
- Ashes of Creation Apocalypse battle royale will have party sizes of up to 5.
- Guild mode will have parties of raids of up to 20.
- Ashes of Creation Apocalypse castle sieges will have parties of 5 within a raid, with 5 raids for each of the two teams.
- Ashes of Creation Apocalypse horde mode will have a party size of 5 with a total of ten groups, making for 50 players.
Mobs and Bosses will drop Gold, Items and crafting materials based on the type of mob or boss. For example, a wolf is not going to be carrying a sack of gold. It may instead drop "pelts" that can be traded for gold.
- Loot tables will favor dropping crafting materials as opposed to trash items.
- Loot tables are disabled for player controlled monsters.
- The developers intend to test dynamic loot tables during the test phases.
- Raid and dungeon bosses have specific mechanics that players need to learn and react to. Zergs that are not aware of these mechanics or react to them appropriately will be wiped.
- There is a give-and-take for guilds that want to see a larger number of members as opposed to a more focused group that may be a part of an alliance.
We're very cognizant of the fact that we don't want to see zerging be a mechanic that's utilized by guilds to accomplish content or just to steamroll over sieges... There are specific mechanics that we are working on that will be seen through the testing phases that relate to a degree of understanding of certain systems that can't just be overrun with numbers. – Стивен Шариф
The best way that I found in games I played previously to take down a zerg is to cause drama from within... It's that conflict inside of the politicking that happens in that big organization. If we provide opportunities for division to occur then it also provides stability to keep a server healthy away from that zerg mentality also... If we approach the castle siege and we've destroyed the walls and we're in the throne room and we're about to cast on the penultimate thing and I at this time am just so excited from what's happening that I'm like "screw it I'm gonna go for it". It's gonna be mine. I'm gonna take the taxes for the next month. I'm gonna take all the gear from the castle. I'm gonna take everything... We kind of want that political intrigue to be present in the game. – Стивен Шариф
Objective-based game play helps to balance the zerg mentality.
I always feel that if you balance based on groups that in your balance focus is to incorporate features that play well from a player versus player perspective as well as a player versus environment perspective: Having support classes, having DPS and tanks that can obstruct movement and/or create you know bottlenecks on the field and stuff like that. I think a well-rounded raid it will perform better against a non well-rounded raid, however then you incorporate the second aspect of numbers; and that's where again mobility, organization, leadership tactics. Having objectives in gameplay that make those important helps to balance the zerg mentality that a lot of guilds can tend to have. – Стивен Шариф
Jumping puzzles will occasionally feature in the world.
- Осады замков|.
- Осады узлов.
- Появление легендарных мировых боссов.
- События из-за монет монстров.
- Возможности для подземелий.
Будь это осадой или сработавшим событием против города или уникальной возможностью для подземелья... Такого типа вещи будут включать оповещения. Особенно граждан города; где вы и будете проинформированы о наступающем событии. В общем, это предоставит вам время. – Стивен Шариф
Будет создана программа менторства, в которой игроки более высокго уровня смогут получить выгоду от пребывания в группе и/или помощи игрокам более низкого уровня влиться в игру. 
- Уровень или навыки не будут выравниваться чтобы позволить игрокам низкого уровня принимать участие в походах в подземелья с игроками более высокого уровня.
Для игроков высокого уровня будут доступны возможности менторства игроков более низкого уровня. Допустим, если ваш друг присоединился к игре позже вас и вы всё ещё хотите играть вместе, у вас будет возможность. Сможет ли он зайти в подземелье вашего уровня и поучаствовать? Нет, потому что мы не хотим раздувать или сдувать персонажей и манипулировать навыками или силой таким образом. Мы хотим чтобы это было чем-то что имеет смысл с точки зрения развития персонажа. – Стивен Шариф
- 2016-12-15 Video - Dungeons First Look - Water Temple
- 2018-02-09 Livestream
- 2018-02-24 Video - Alpha-0 Dünheim Dungeon Lore
- Стрим, 18 January 2018 (16:34).
- Стрим, 9 February 2018 (4:42).
- Стрим, 17 November 2017 (17:50).
- Стрим, 1 June 2017 (39:21).
- Стрим, 22 May 2017 (20:59).
- Стрим, 27 September 2018 (43:21).
- Стрим, 16 Октября 2017 (11:51).
- Стрим, 22 Мая 2017 (20:59).
- Стрим, 19 Мая 2017 (24:17).
- Стрим, 19 May 2017 (23:00).
- Стрим, 9 February 2018 (45:30).
- Стрим, 17 November 2017 (36:22).
- Стрим, 17 November 2017 (18:29).
- MMOGames interview, January 2017
- Подкаст, 9 July 2018 (22:24).
- Group dynamics blog.
- Стрим, 9 May 2017 (34:38).
- February 8, 2019 - Questions and Answers.
- Стрим, 26 May 2017 (48:12).
- Стрим, 8 May 2017 (28:48).
- Интервью, 17 August 2018 (18:53).
- Стрим, 24 May 2017 (44:14).
- Стрим, 3 May 2017 (35:25).
- Стрим, 17 May 2017 (30:53).
- Blog: 10 facts about castle sieges in the MMORPG.
- Стрим, 5 May 2017 (23:26).
- Стрим, 19 May 2017 (25:18).
- Стрим, 22 May 2017 (57:37).
- Интервью, 11 May 2018 (44:20).
- Интервью, 8 August 2018 (11:52).
- Стрим, 18 Июля 2017 (58:50).
- Стрим, 15 Мая 2017 (44:10).
- Стрим, 9 February 2018 (10:42).
- Стрим, 28 July 2017 (39:49).
- Стрим, 4 Мая 2018 (48:14).
- Интервью, 17 Августа 2018 (24:48).
- Видео, 5 Апреля 2018 (40:08).
- Интервью, 24 Августа 2018 (8:52).