- Guild fortresses are objectives in guild wars. These are contested on a regular basis.
- The developers will decide if guild fortresses will be implemented in the game or shelved.
The fortress design is also something that might be on the shelf. We haven't decided yet. We're going to look into it, but the idea behind the fortress is that this is a competitive kind of guild hall so to speak where you have to contend for it on a regular basis so to speak; or can be taken from you necessarily. Whereas the guild hall is a structure similar to freehold structure can only be taken through successful sieges against a node per-se are not taken but destroyed. – Steven Sharif
- A war declaration period.
- Objective based components.
- Victory and surrender conditions.
- Guilds may war multiple guilds/alliances at a time.
- Guild wars operate outside the PvP flagging system.
Guild war objectives
- Guild war objectives are designed to be more fluid than castle siege objectives.
- Guild wars will not be permanent. Definitive victory conditions exist that are based on the level of the warring guilds and the assets that those guilds have.
I can't really define exactly what those features are yet because that design stage is still up in the air from a discussion standpoint. There's a lot of different ideas that relates to how those two can come into play, but I will say that in every MMO I've ever played guild wars are very binary. They're very like 'Okay you've declared, you have a number of kills to deaths and the guild war's over, thank you...' My objective to kind of change that dynamic is to include greater risk for the sides to initiate the war and also to make it more objective-based than just a binary kill death ratio; and the fortresses and guild halls come into that type of facilitating that change. – Steven Sharif
Objectives spawn in the world based on the level of the guild war and the assets available to the guilds, whether it be a guild hall or guild fortress. There will be default objectives and then there'll be objectives that relate to the activities that a Guild has participated in.
- For example, if a guild has recently become owners of a guild hall on a freehold, objectives might be related to capturing a quest item in or around the guild hall that is only visible to the warring guild. Capturing this objective may require channeling time.
- There might be objectives to steal one of the quest items that the guild may have received from completing a raid.
- There may be bounty objectives to kill a particular guild member. The target may have increased damage mitigation and/or health against the warring guild and can call for help.
If you have a guild hall and a certain type of guild war is declared that is maybe a higher stakes kind of war, some of those objectives will be centralized either at your guild hall, at the opponent's guild hall; could be a progression step towards the guild hall. It might be a specific a period of time that accumulates into into a central battle at the guild hall for an objective. – Steven Sharif
- Guild halls may be placed on guild freeholds or within nodes.
- Guild halls are objectives in guild wars.
- A guild hall only houses a single guild.
Guildhalls are the ultimate expression of a guild's power! In Ashes these structures will serve as focal points for a guild, offering any guilds who construct them a whole host of benefits as well as customization options.
- Allow guilds to participate in the shareholder system.
- Guilds have a period of time to level up in order to siege these castles.
- The attacking guilds need to fight the NPCs and kill a raid boss at the center of the castle.
- There will not be a relic to capture, instead whichever guild had highest contributing DPS against the raid boss will capture the castle.
- Castle nodes around NPC run castles will not be present.
- Эти преимущества увеличиваются тем больше, чем дольше гильдия удерживает свой замок.
Есть рычаги и циферблаты, которые представлены как владельцам замков, так и выборным должностным лицам Узлов, чтобы во время своего правления они могли воздействовать и влиять на регион вокруг них. – Steven Sharif
- Взимать налоги для целей обороны (дополнительные к налогам, уже введенным правительствами узлов).
- Активировать события и способности, которые приносят пользу гражданам узла находящимся под их властью.
- Установить особые отношения с мэрами городов, чтобы помочь в создании трех специализированных узлов замка.
- Разблокируйте дополнительные типы зданий в узлах.
- Оказывать контроль и давление на один из пяти экономических регионов.
- Подкаст, 4 August 2018 (1:54:15).
- Интервью, 21 April 2019 (45:45).
- Стрим, 22 May 2017 (52:01).
- Стрим, 15 May 2017 (17:20).
- Стрим, 1 June 2017 (35:42).
- Подкаст, 18 August 2018 (1:12:34).
- Стрим, 22 December 2020 (1:08:41).
- Стрим, 22 December 2020 (1:13:51).
- Стрим, 28 July 2017 (18:07).
- Стрим, 28 February 2020 (1:06:51).
- Стрим, 22 May 2017 (56:48).
- Стрим, 19 May 2017 (51:20).
- Стрим, 28 August 2020 (1:39:02).
- Blog: 10 facts about castle sieges in the MMORPG.
- Подкаст, 23 April 2018 (21:55).
- Подкаст, 11 April 2021 (49:40).
- Стрим, 30 April 2021 (41:18).
- Blog: Creative Director's Letter, April 14 2021
- Стрим, 28 August 2020 (1:31:11).
- Стрим, 17 November 2017 (49:30).
- Интервью, 11 May 2018 (47:27).
- Подкаст, 5 May 2017 (52:32).