I can't really define exactly what those features are yet because that design stage is still up in the air from a discussion standpoint. There's a lot of different ideas that relates to how those two can come into play, but I will say that in every MMO I've ever played guild wars are very binary. They're very like 'Okay you've declared, you have a number of kills to deaths and the guild war's over, thank you...' My objective to kind of change that dynamic is to include greater risk for the sides to initiate the war and also to make it more objective-based than just a binary kill death ratio; and the fortresses and guild halls come into that type of facilitating that change. – Стивен Шариф
Objectives spawn in the world based on the level of the guild war and the assets available to the guilds, whether it be a guild hall or guild fortress. There will be default objectives and then there'll be objectives that relate to the activities that a Guild has participated in.
- For example, if a guild has recently become owners of a guild hall on a freehold, objectives might be related to capturing a quest item in or around the guild hall that is only visible to the warring guild. Capturing this objective may require channeling time.
- There might be objectives to steal one of the quest items that that the guild may have received from completing a raid.
- There may be bounty objectives to kill a particular guild member. The target may have increased damage mitigation and/or health against the warring guild and can call for help.
If you have a guild hall and a certain type of guild war is declared that is maybe a higher stakes kind of war, some of those objectives will be centralized either at your guild hall, at the opponent's guild hall; could be a progression step towards the guild hall. It might be a specific a period of time that accumulates into into a central battle at the guild hall for an objective. – Стивен Шариф
Guild war mechanics
- A war declaration period.
- Objective based components.
- Victory and surrender conditions.
- Guilds may war multiple guilds/alliances at a time.
- Guild wars operate outside the PvP flagging system.
- Once created, the leader can invite up to three other guilds to this alliance.
- There is no member cap in an alliance, only a maximum of four guilds.
- Guild leaders will be able to pool resources into a guild alliance bank.
- There will be alliance specific quest lines.
- Alliance members will share a common chat channel.
- Alliances will have affiliations and gear that can be attained.
- Guilds may enter into trade agreements.
You can only invite a number of guilds to the alliance before you must form a new alliance; and then those alliance can have a de facto friendship but they won't have any game component of connection. What the alliance system would allow is pooling of resources into by guild leaders into an alliance guild alliance bank. Will allow certain participation in different quest lines. It will allow common area chat for members and it will allow affiliations and gear that can be attained as well. – Стивен Шариф
We have a specific system that relates to being able to invite another guild into an alliance that sets a flag on those characters with regards to being able to combat them, being able to share a chat system with them, being able to participate in specific types of quests and/or alliance warehouses and guild homes; with regards to the relationship of castle sieges and participating in node warfare and node activities. If you're not in an alliance with someone, you're in a neutral state so to speak. You can have trade agreements between different guilds and then you can also have Guild Wars which shows a state of war between you guys. I think that's the baseline of how we're going to develop interaction between guilds. – Стивен Шариф
There's going to be some mechanics at play that could have even Alliance Wars so to speak: A war between guilds and a war between alliances maybe. When we delve into the blog about Guild Wars we're going to talk about alliances. – Стивен Шариф
- Разные пути развития альянсов.
- Гильдии смогут делиться общими сервисами с членами альянса.
- Альянсы смогут выставлять отношения с узлами.
Контент направленный конкретно на альянсы и их развитие; и способность делиться некоторыми общими сервисами между гильдиями которые являются частью этого альянса. Я думаю что выгодно будет дать альянсам дополнительную возможность выставлять определённые отноения с узлами в качестве взаимодействия. Это предоставит интересную динамику игрокам которые являются жителями конкретного узла с которым определены отношения или членами альянса. Так что я думаю что, очевидно, построение систем состоит из создания каналов благодаря которым игроки смогут формировать связи и чем больше слоев вокруг таких каналов построения связей между разными гильдиями и игроками, тем более сильно поддерживаются такие отношения. – Стивен Шариф
There is guild affiliation, there's party affiliation, there's a raid affiliation, alliance affiliation, there's a citizenship affiliation, there's society affiliation, there's religious affiliation. All of these things have some hierarchy; and within that hierarchy there's the ability to participate within certain systems. So for example, if you have a node that has fallen under your vassal state and you're a citizen of the parent node, then you could participate in a siege against the vassal node but if you're a citizen of the vassal node you could not participate as an attacker against the parent node; so there's a hierarchy, unless you were to renounce your citizenship. – Стивен Шариф
- Подкаст, 4 August 2018 (1:54:15).
- Подкаст, 18 August 20189 (1:12:34).
- Стрим, 22 May 2017 (52:01).
- Стрим, 15 May 2017 (17:20).
- Стрим, 1 June 2017 (35:42).
- Интервью, 8 August 2018 (16:12).
- Интервью, 8 August 2018 (17:13).
- Стрим, 11 January 2019 (1:04:32).
- Стрим, 5 May 2017 (23:26).
- Стрим, 26 May 2017 (36:17).
- Подкаст, 11 Мая 2018 (21:07).
- Интервью, 11 May 2018 (58:07).