- Mounts can also be found in the wild and tamed.
- There are three different tiers of mount.
- Mount speeds are determined by the base mount that the skin is applied to.
- Cosmetic skins can be applied to the appearance of mounts that were earned in game.
- Mount skins are applicable to specific classes of mounts.
- For example, the Ramstrider skin will only be applicable to the class of land mounts (tier 1), and the Nighthunter Gryphon skin is only applicable to the class of royal mounts (tier 3).
- Certain tier 2 mount skins (such as the Emberstorm Dragon) can be upgraded to tier 3 skins if they also apply to royal mounts.
- Mounts will be purchasable from players utilizing Животноводство and taming.
- 1 Mount abilities and stats
- 2 Summoning mounts
- 3 Land mounts
- 4 Gliding mounts
- 5 Flying mounts (Royal mounts)
- 6 Aquatic mounts
- 7 Crowdfunding mounts
- 8 Mount barding
- 9 Расовые ездовые животные
- 10 Group mounts
- 11 Mount drops
- 12 Naming mounts
- 13 Животноводство
- 14 Stables
- 15 Faster travel
- 16 Skins
- 17 Справочники сообщества
- 18 Смотрите также
- 19 Примечания
Mount abilities and stats
- Based on skill choice, mounts can be used as initiation vehicles, escape vehicles, utility vehicles, and traversal vehicles.
Mounts have obviously many different applications and that's also going to speak to its identity when it has a skill selection choice too. Like do you- are you more aggressive in initiation with your mount? Okay well you probably want the ones that are going to be able to charge through and do some type of CC effect on players in front of you. Are you more about kind of using them out to dodge and avoid you know different types of things? Well then you probably want some type of invulnerability skills or some type of protective skills that you can activate at certain times. Are you going to be more traversal and focus on kind of speed you use your mount just kind of go around the world and you don't really care about the combat aspect? Well then you probably want some skill sets on your mount that reflect that. – Steven Sharif
- Mounts will have varied speeds.
There's definitely a difficulty from a balance perspective obviously on the design side when you're having to incorporate speeds that are so radically different from the normal player movement speeds; and mounts do have a obviously a significantly faster component there. But that's why you build into the to the skill sets that players have obviously those types of cc's which can either, as we spoke about previously, knock the player off of their mount, kill them with some massive damage, or stun the player. Those are components that are taken into account when balancing out these skill selections. – Steven Sharif
- Players can't use their class skills while mounted.
- Mounts can be targeted separately from the player while mounted.
- Mounts can be killed by players, but can be resurrected after a certain cooldown period.
The dragon will have a lot of capability in PvP. It's primarily its purpose, because as it relates to Castles and the sieges they're in, or Nodes and the sieges they're in. We want dragons to have large scale ramifications against player raids. – Steven Sharif
- Mounts are generally able to be summoned during combat in the open-world.
- Животноводство mounts are summoned via an item that is obtainable from a stable (husbandry stall).
- A player can dismount and have their mount follow them.
Right now we don't have it where the mount is separate from the player per-se. You automatically mount the mount when you summon it in the in the alpha. But in the future you'll be able to summon it and you won't have to automatically mount it. It'll just be standing next to you. It'll follow you around and then you'll be able to mount it. – Steven Sharif
Flying mounts (Royal mounts)
Royal mounts are a tier 3 class of flying mounts available to Mayors of metropolis nodes and Kings and Queens of Guild castles. Royal mounts can also be dropped from legendary world bosses.
- Royal mounts are capable of true flight when utilized by Mayors of metropolis nodes or Kings and Queens of Guild castles.
- Flight capable royal mounts are also dropped from World bosses as eggs. These mounts will have a life-span likely between 15 to 30 days (online and offline time) after which the mounts will pass away.
- Royal mounts are dropped as eggs that can be cultivated through the Животноводство profession for artisans with a high enough stable upgrade on their freehold. The eggs themselves also have a lifetime.
- Royal mount eggs are able to be sold to other players.
- Royal mounts are not breedable.
- Each server may have between 10 to 20 royal mounts based on the legendary world boss timers.
- Royal mounts are 3 or 4 times larger than gliding mounts (tier 2 mounts).
Generally flying is not something that we're going to be doing in this game and there's a lot of reasons for that: Some of it is economic, some of it is ... you create this really great looking world and we don't want you flying over all the time. – Джеффри Бард
At any given point in time you're gonna see anywhere from 10 to maybe at max I would say around 20 based off of the legendary world boss timers. Probably 20 people who have flying abilities. – Steven Sharif
- Royal horses will be able to fly.
- Other types of legendary, mythical creatures.
Dragons are a class of these royal mounts. You can get different types of royal mounts. They don't have to be dragons. They could be some other type of legendary mythical creature... It will be an epic looking large-scale creature and people will notice you and it while you are approaching. – Steven Sharif
- These may only be granted if the castle nodes are successfully established prior to the siege.
- Node A grants 1 undermount, Node B grants 2 undermounts, and Node C grants 2 undermounts.
- This system is subject to change during testing.
- Aquatic mounts are faster in water and slower on land.
- Aquatic mounts will be able to fully traverse naval areas and water areas.
- Basic mounts are obtained through an early quest that is available to all players in starting areas.
- Players assign cosmetic skins to a character on their account from the account management page.
- The skin can then be applied to change the appearance of the mount that was earned in game.
- This does not remove the skin itself. It can be applied again to any other applicable mount in the future.
- Players may remove the skin from a character and assign it to another character on their account.
- Skins can only ever be active on one character and one mount.
The Dawnbreaker mount skin is used in a similar fashion as described, but is only applicable to a certain class of mounts. Aquatic mount skins, like the Tidesnapper, are also used in a similar fashion, but are only applicable to the aquatic class of mounts.
- The higher the level of barding, the better looking it will be.
- Barding will have multiple components that can be equipped. Each component will increase the stats of the mount, such as hit points and speed.
- Barding cosmetics can only be applied to mounts with barding cosmetic slots.
- Cosmetic skins may only be applied to barding/saddle items that are earned in-game.
- Barding skins' appearance may differ depending on the type of mount.
Расовые ездовые животные
- Summoners may be able to name their summons, but will not be able to change their creature type, which is part of the nameplate above the summon.
- Animals found through taming can be bred to discover lesser-known species variants with untold powers and abilities.
- Mounts, such as horses are an early gateway into the Animal husbandry profession.
- Animal husbandry will be an exploritative profession.
Many animals that can be tamed and bred through the animal husbandry profession can be found in herds across the lands of Verra. These herds represent a gatherable resource, of sorts, that masters of the animal husbandry profession may then use to discover lesser-known species variants with untold powers and abilities. Mounts play a large role in Ashes of Creation, and animals like the horse are an early gateway into the unlimited possibilities that await those skilled in the arts of husbandry.
- Rare creatures can be captured and tamed to breed animals with specific traits.
- Royal mounts (such as Dragons) are dropped as eggs that can be cultivated by Животноводство artisans with a high enough stable upgrade on their freehold.
- These mounts are not breedable.
- Mounts that are bred through animal husbandry may be sold at auction.
- Animals have a unique ID that is tied to the husbandry chart (compendium) that takes into account possible combinations between animals. There will be odd combinations, but there will be limits to what is possible.
- Discovery of certain breeding habits and different quests may grant access to slots in the compendium.
- Players will be able to discover all possible combinations of genetic traits for breeding eventually, but there is an element of RNG associated with genetic parings.
Animal husbandry involves a tree of its own that players get to discover via what pairings they choose... That's going to be a pretty fun aspect of creating rare mounts that haven't been seen in the world. – Steven Sharif
- The genetic system will involve trial and error to determine what yields or combinations are possible. This will incorporate an element of RNG.
Each of these animals have a unique ID. There's going to be essentially this husbandry chart that takes into account potential combinations between animals that you have. So there's gonna be a little bit of obviously trial and error as players begin to explore this genetic system to determine what yields are possible; and those yields are obviously going to have an element of RNG to them as well. So you know you may pick up on a more dominant genetic trait within the pairing, or you may have a much smaller chance to unlock a specific breed of species; and then those chances obviously get augmented by your advancement within the Animal Husbandry profession. So a person who's more experienced in pairing of certain animals, and even the specific types of pairings, will increase their likelihood- their RNG chances of essentially birthing a unique mount; and being able then to sell those on an open auction. They can also be applied as certificates toward the construction of particular caravans as well. – Steven Sharif
There are stages of development within breeding.
- Youngling stage: For mammals this relates to baby animals. For lizards (reptiles) this is an egg stage.
- Changes at the Youngling stage affect the appearance of the animal at adulthood.
- During the Youngling stage there may also be quests for specific types of cosmetic features.
- An area used to breed animals within the Животноводство profession.
- A building for housing mounts.
- Castles come with a royal stables.
- Mayors can choose to build royal stables within their node. Once chosen, the community will need to build the stables through quests.
- Royal mounts must be mounted in a royal stables in order to fly.
The royal mounts will be the only class of mounts that can fully fly in the world; and they are will be needed to be mounted while in a royal stables. Royal stables are a building that can be built in a node if elected to be built by the mayor and supported by the community building it up through the quests to do so; and castles come with a royal stable as well. So once you have a royal stable and you become that Mayor or King or Queen, you may then mount the creature there and then take it wherever you wish. – Steven Sharif
- Player ridden mounts.
- Mounts will have varied speeds.
- Flight paths between nodes within a specific region.
- Airships between scientific metropolises.
- Teleportation between scientific metropolises and their vassal nodes.
- Family summoning.
Even though there's not fast travel, there is faster travel. So you know mount ridden. There will be connection points between certain nodes via the use of like flying automated creatures that you can use. Stuff like that. – Steven Sharif
- Skins are cosmetic items that do not grant the user any benefit.
- Skins are only be able to be applied to things that have already been earned, crafted or found within Ashes of Creation.
- Flavor text relates to the lore and background of creatures and items in the world of Верра.
- Costumes do not include any weapons pictured.
- Caravan skins change the appearance of an in-game mount and in-game caravan that are hooked up to each other.
- The best skins will be in-game achievable.
- Питомцы, маунты, костюмы, броня, строения и аксессуары которые продаются в косметическом магазине являются скинами.
- Скины могут быть применены только к предметам заработанным, полученным в результате крафта или найденым в Ashes of Creation.
Мы планируем запустить магазин с микротранзакциями. Магазин будет содержать только косметические предметы. Ничего в этом магазине никогда не будет pay to win так как мы верим что подобная практика сильно вредит жанру MMORPG.
Сравнимые косметические предметы, как по качеству, так и по количеству, можно будет получить внутри игры.
Я хочу поощрить покупки в косметическом магазине для поддерживаемости дополнений которые мы задумали, так как мы не берём единоразовую плату за игру. Я хочу поощрить это предлагая ограниченные предметы: ограниченные по времени и количеству, так чтобы при их покупке вы были уверены, что они не появятся позже в каком-либо другом качестве. Однако, я хочу убедиться что сравнимые косметические предметы, как по качеству, так и по количеству будут доступны посредством выполнения внутриигровых достижений. Потраченные время и усилия должны радовать результатами. – Steven Sharif
- Steven Sharif Twitter, April 17, 2021.
- Стрим, 18 January 2018 (34:08).
- Стрим, 30 September 2019 (1:39:01).
- Видео, 30 September 2020 (6:38).
- Стрим, 8 April 2018 (PM) (51:49).
- Стрим, 6 December 2018 (41:43).
- Стрим, 8 April 2018 (AM) (12:34).
- Стрим, 24 May 2017 (20:32).
- Видео, 26 February 2021 (20:25).
- Стрим, 30 April 2021 (1:08:10).
- Стрим, 30 April 2021 (1:10:04).
- Интервью, 19 July 2020 (1:05:41).
- Стрим, 5 May 2017 (22:44).
- Стрим, 5 May 2017 (38:27).
- Стрим, 30 April 2020 (56:16).
- Стрим, 17 November 2017 (33:17).
- Интервью, 19 July 2020 (1:05:50).
- Ashes of Creation Store: Prowler of Perdition.
- Стрим, 26 May 2017 (37:17).
- Интервью, 18 July 2020 (49:46).
- Интервью, 18 July 2020 (52:28).
- Интервью, 18 July 2020 (52:57).
- Стрим, 26 May 2017 (46:43).
- Ashes of Creation Store: Ochre Legion Wyrmling.
- Стрим, 26 July 2019 (56:06).
- Видео, 30 September 2020 (8:32).
- Ashes of Creation Twitter: Travel with an aquatic mount.
- Стрим, 30 September 2020 (16:31).
- Leader of Men
- Стрим, 29 May 2020 (58:31).
- Стрим, 30 September 2020 (45:37).
- Стрим, 30 September 2020 (45:26).
- Стрим, 30 April 2020 (1:22:26).
- Стрим, 29 January 2021 (1:21:01).
- Стрим, 30 April 2021 (56:43).
- Подкаст, 15 November 2020 (35:42).
- Стрим, 16 June 2017 (28:07).
- Blog: A noble steed
- Стрим, 1 June 2017 (28:42).
- Стрим, 17 August 2018 (12:27).
- Стрим, 17 May 2017 (1:04:12).
- Стрим, 29 May 2020 (43:19).
- Стрим, 9 February 2018 (39:42).
- Подкаст, 11 May 2018 (1:02:02).
- Интервью, 7 February 2021 (39:30).
- Стрим, 22 May 2017 (53:39).
- Подкаст, 4 August 2018 (1:22:24).
- Стрим, 29 May 2020 (39:02).
- Node series part II – the Metropolis.
- Интервью, 17 August 2018 (24:48).
- Стрим, 28 August 2020 (2:06:42).
- Стрим, 4 June 2018 (45:30).
- Blog: Know Your Nodes - Scientific Node Type
- Интервью, 19 July 2020 (1:20:58).
- Ashes of Creation Store: Mounts.
- Стрим, 30 November 2020 (56:02).
- Rime and Regal
- Стрим, 30 November 2020 (58:24).
- Косметический магазин Ashes of Creation.
- Стрим, 6 Декабря 2018 (41:43).
- Интервью, 11 Мая 2018 (32:36).
- Стрим, 8 Апреля 2018 (PM) (58:29).
- Стрим, 8 April 2018 (PM) (58:29).