- Водные ездовые животные.
- Прибрежные узлы.
- Island chains.
- Naval caravans.
- Naval NPCs.
- PvP в море.
- Trade routes.
- Охота за сокровищами.
- Underwater dungeons.
- Naval will be an Alpha-2 in the sense that at after we launch Alpha-2, at some point in Alpha-2, naval will be implemented as an update; and that naval will be the ability to acquire components, construct those components, acquire recipes, construct certain types of ships, navigate those ships on the water, and engage in certain ship-to-ship interactions and ship-to-player interactions and ship-to-content interactions. Now, it won't be the aspect of that, meaning all ships won't be present: all types of those ships, all attachments of those ships. And it will be maybe a little bit janky to start because it's going to be an alpha version of it. But the intent there is to provide the loop where players get to go and interact with content in the ocean. That won't be at the start of Alpha-2, but it will be in Alpha-2. – Steven Sharif
- Naval warfare.
- Naval raid bosses.
- Three ship classes will be present in Alpha-2.
- Sailing Неигровые персонажи.
- Frigates or galleon ships.
- Raid bosses.
- Quest givers.
- General sea-based NPCs.
There's an NPC structure that exists out in the oceans. These take the form of sailing NPCs, fortresses, whether that be large frigate or galleon based ships, and they take the form of raid bosses. They take the form of general sea-based NPCs. There's treasures that you can find on land and explore out at sea, as obviously one of the missions is why you would be going out to sea. There's escort missions that you can participate in... Some of those are straightforward and interact but with an NPC to receive a quest for; and some of those have to be discovered at sea. So these are all things that are make that type of area in an MMO exciting. You don't just want to have water for water's sake. You want to have water because it's a different experience from a content perspective than what's on land; and in order to be a different experience you have to have that content. – Steven Sharif
Mariner classes (also referred to as boatsmanship classes, boatsman skills or seamanship) contain different skill trees arranged in a similar manner to Классы умельцев. As a player gains experience in these different skills they become more adept at using them.
- Interaction with attachments, such as gunnery.
- Piloting/driving the ship.
- Ship navigation.
- Utilizing ship components, such as furling the sails.
- Ship repair, such as the speed and amount of health restored.
- Defensive skills.
- Utility based skills.
- The benefits of having Mariner expertise is not just related to activities you can do on the ships, but will also incorporate skills that become available when you're piloting ships as well. There's a few things that Mariner classes provide: interaction with attachments on the ship, driving the ship itself, utilizing the ship's components—like furling the sails or not—as well as repairing ships when damage is taken—the speed at which you can do it, the health you regenerate when you do it. – Steven Sharif
- Ship creation is generally delegated to players. There won't be many non-player-owned ships.
- For the most part all ship creation will be delegated to the player. You have to build up a ship or find somebody who has one if you want to get across the seas. – Steven Sharif
- Ship owners are able to grant permissions to allow other players to navigate their ships and access certain ship functions.
- Ship navigators receive a significant defensive buff while they are navigating the ship. This reduces CC effects and increases damage mitigation significantly.
- If the ship navigator is killed or otherwise removed from the ship then any player will be able to navigate the ship for a period of 15 to 20 minutes before the ship despawns and becomes a wreckage.
- Other ship permissions may include operating weapons, anchors, and utility items.
- Players will have quests that lead set them on a path toward creating a personal vessel at around level 10-15.
- Nothing can move or or block ships. Ships have the ultimate priority.
|Small||Personal vessels.||Solo/personal content.||1-3|
|Medium||Frigates.||Group content.||Group size (8)|
|Large||Galleons.||Raid content.||Raid size (40)|
- All ship classes minimally require a captain to drive the ship.
- Certain ship classes will have the ability to render Crowd control (CC) effects on other ships, such as a harpoon effects.
- Ships have their own class of vessel and the class that is related to the vessel has a certain purpose both in battle, in PvE raids, in transportation. – Steven Sharif
- Unlike merchant ships, naval caravans are capable of transitioning to and from land caravans at the point of intersection of land and water.
- Naval caravans come in varying sizes and capacities.
- By default naval caravans have a racial appearance. Players will be able to apply caravan skins to change this appearance.
- Ships (excluding Naval caravans) can only be summoned from a port or harbor.
- Ships may be able to be summoned in rivers (or other bodies of water) depending on the depth of the water.
- Naval caravans are initiated when a land-based caravan intersects with an ocean.
- You can summon your ships up but you'll need to summon them from land, which means that if something happens to your armada out at sea you won't have backups to just summon immediately in the middle of the fight... They'll have to do so from shore somewhere from some port or harbor. – Steven Sharif
- Various professions can craft ship components. These components can be sold to other players.
- Ships are built in adherence to a recipe. That recipe requires components. Those components adhere to different crafting professions that require a player to intersect and/or craft or purchase those components from the different professions and then once they have those accumulated they can do the construction process through the recipe system at a harbor. – Steven Sharif
- Ships may only be crafted or upgraded in harbor ship workstations that are unlocked by the advancement of coastal nodes.
- Players can choose which "joints" get populated with either offensive weaponry, defensive, or utility attachments they want on their ship prior to construction completion. The types of attachments that are available are dictated by the ship's class.
- There are absolutely attachments that can apply to the ship and some of those are decorative in nature. There are also slots that have utility aspects to them as well but are also decorative. – Steven Sharif
- Ships will likely not have closed spaces or internal compartments such as Captain's quarters.
- We are trying to stay away from internal compartments within the ships because that presents a whole different type of user interface and flow that can be a bit cumbersome and problematic, especially in combat and in closed spaces. So we're trying to stay away from that under deck aspect and keep things all on deck for better readability on the player side. – Steven Sharif
Naval combat involves different types of Корабли with varying capabilities, armaments and roles to play out on the high seas. There will be a balance and counterbalance between ships from PvP and PvE perspectives.
- PvP в море is between ships.
- Naval PvE includes open sea raids and sea-based bosses.
- Certain ship classes and components may support ramming of other vessels or raid bosses.
- Ship weapons can damage both players and structures.
- Coastal points of interest, such as harbors, offer objective-based naval gameplay during node sieges.
- There is a castle located on an island that is only able to be affected by naval combat.
- Battles at sea will be epic. They will have some supreme rewards and/or losses if the battle succeeds or fails. – Steven Sharif
- Naval combat allows ships to be hijacked, destroyed and looted, but it doesn't allow the attackers to permanently keep the ships.
- Q: Will there be a way to produce enough experience for a node for those who want to spend the majority of their time on the open seas?
- A: The open seas have have a good amount of content; and that content when completed will give its contribution to a nearby node; and that is something that people who live on the sea, or desire to live on the sea, will be able to um contribute in a way. – Steven Sharif
PvP в море
- В ходе события (например, войны между гильдиями или узлами) между сторонами.
- Когда корабль заходит в область, в которой автоматически включается метка участника PvP.
- В результате PvP в открытом мире, используя систему активации меток и скверны.
- Naval caravans can not be hijacked. The cargo on a trade ship will be similar to caravans in that the ship must be destroyed in order to capture the loot from its wreckage.
- Для этих узлов будут созданы специальные усиления и способности, услуги и цепочки заданий, связанные с водой и морем.
- Прибрежные узлы меняют таблицы появления близлежащего водного контента и могут вызвать специальные события.
- В портах прибрежных узлов будут начинаться цепочки заданий, связанные с океаном и ближайшими островами.
- Будет иметься возможность осадить прибрежный город с моря.
- Harbors have a disembarkation zone that merchant ships can cross to be guided into the harbor.
- Корабли may only be crafted or upgraded in harbor ship workstations that are unlocked by the advancement of coastal nodes.
- Прибрежные узлы are not directly siegeable by sea. Instead, harbors offer objective-based naval gameplay during node sieges.
- Players will need to take wind direction (and strength) into consideration when navigating the open waters.
- Wind is an important component of the open sea- quote-unquote open seas- so that's all non-coastal areas; and that open sea, based on those the composition of wind and the open sea, will influence the speed directionally that a boat is traveling in, and how that speed gets influenced by the winds. That can be an important strategic component when discussing timing for trade runs, or timing for what your location is in relationship to your target out at the open sea; and it just creates a little bit more fluid and dynamic experience when you're at sea that. Like you're not in this cove and you always know how you're going to interact with the open water; and the speed that you have, so you can predict accurately what your intercept rate or distance will look like. If that is a variable and that variable changes, then you have to adapt your strategies for that variable; and I think that is very healthy and keeps things fresh from a perspective of a cat-and-mouse game that usually occurs between ships in the open waters. – Steven Sharif
- There won't be nodes underwater or in the water.
2022-01-30 2021-05-27 2021-01-30 2017-11-10
- Прямая трансляция, 2020-09-30 (40:52).
- Видео, 2017-11-09 (0:01).
- Подкаст, 2021-04-11 (36:43).
- Прямая трансляция, 2017-05-17 (30:53).
- Прямая трансляция, 2018-04-8 (PM) (1:01:28).
- Прямая трансляция, 2020-07-25 (1:59:09).
- Прямая трансляция, 2018-07-09 (30:35).
- Прямая трансляция, 2017-08-23 (28:22).
- Kickstarter - We Just Broke $1,500,000!
- Прямая трансляция, 2022-01-28 (1:09:00).
- Прямая трансляция, 2022-02-25 (1:04:29).
- Прямая трансляция, 2020-09-30 (41:13).
- Интервью, 2023-07-09 (1:28:32).
- Прямая трансляция, 2022-03-31 (1:10:43).
- Подкаст, 2021-09-29 (59:29).
- Прямая трансляция, 2018-09-27 (54:02).
- Интервью, 2023-07-09 (1:17:48).
- Прямая трансляция, 2020-11-30 (24:51).
- Прямая трансляция, 2022-09-30 (1:24:54).
- Прямая трансляция, 2018-07-09 (36:05).
- Прямая трансляция, 2018-07-09 (36:05).
- Ashes of Creation Store: Tea transport.
- Прямая трансляция, 2018-10-31 (54:21).
- Прямая трансляция, 2023-10-31 (1:30:52).
- Прямая трансляция, 2021-05-28 (1:52:15).
- Прямая трансляция, 2021-09-24 (1:26:46).
- Прямая трансляция, 2023-01-27 (1:32:00).
- Прямая трансляция, 2023-10-31 (1:27:50).
- Прямая трансляция, 2021-07-30 (1:14:04).
- Прямая трансляция, 2020-09-30 (40:45).
- Интервью, 2018-05-11 (11:51).
- Прямая трансляция, 2017-07-28 (47:53).
- Прямая трансляция, 2019-06-28 (1:12:08).
- Интервью, 2020-07-19 (48:05).
- Прямая трансляция, 2022-07-29 (1:10:22).
- Прямая трансляция, 2020-04-30 (56:58).
- Прямая трансляция, 2020-04-30 (58:05).
- Видео, 2023-10-31 (28:06).
- Прямая трансляция, 2022-08-26 (1:20:17).
- Прямая трансляция, 2018-04-8 (AM) (15:46).
- Прямая трансляция, 2020-05-29 (1:28:38).
- Прямая трансляция, 2022-04-29 (1:08:27).
- Прямая трансляция, 2020-05-29 (1:28:38).
- Подкаст, 2018-05-11 (11:51).
- Прямая трансляция, 2022-02-25 (1:15:50).
- Интервью, 2023-07-09 (1:20:33).
- Прямая трансляция, 2022-10-28 (1:39:25).
- Прямая трансляция, 2017-05-19 (50:45).
- Прямая трансляция, 2021-10-29 (1:15:57).
- Интервью, 2018-08-17 (36:29).
- Подкаст, 2020-11-15 (23:30).
- Прямая трансляция, 2022-09-30 (1:19:27).
- Прямая трансляция, 2022-09-30 (1:19:59).
- Прямая трансляция, 2022-09-30 (1:20:06).
- Интервью, 2023-07-09 (1:32:45).
- Прямая трансляция, 2018-10-31 (46:18).
- Прямая трансляция, 2022-07-29 (1:06:15).
- Прямая трансляция, 2022-04-29 (1:03:25).
- Прямая трансляция, 2023-02-24 (1:23:34).
- Прямая трансляция, 2022-10-14 (58:46).
- Прямая трансляция, 2022-05-27 (1:12:33).
- Прямая трансляция, 2022-12-02 (1:21:51).
- Прямая трансляция, 2021-04-30 (1:06:41).
- Прямая трансляция, 2018-04-8 (PM) (1:20:03).
- Прямая трансляция, 2018-08-17 (58:53).
- Прямая трансляция, 2017-05-19 (37:51).
- Прямая трансляция, 2021-03-26 (48:42).
- Прямая трансляция, 2022-08-26 (1:26:58).
- Интервью, 2023-07-09 (1:18:49).
- Прямая трансляция, 2021-10-29 (43:44).
- Прямая трансляция, 2021-07-30 (1:11:58).
- Интервью, 2018-10-20 (3:17).
- Прямая трансляция, 2017-05-24 (30:09).
- Twitter - Dynamic weather system.
- Прямая трансляция, 2022-09-30 (1:15:56).
- Прямая трансляция, 2022-06-30 (1:04:30).
- Прямая трансляция, 2019-06-28 (42:55).
- Прямая трансляция, 2019-07-26 (1:02:49).
- Прямая трансляция, 2018-04-8 (AM) (18:29).
- Прямая трансляция, 2017-05-17 (30:53).