Осады узлов позволяют игрокам сбавить уровень узла (обратить его прогресс) и уничтожить узел вообще. Таким образом этот процесс открывает путь к новому развитию и доступ к контенту скрытому в окружающих узлах. Благодаря этой механике, политическая борьба и интриги играют важную роль в структуре мира.
Осада Узлов не будет простой задачей для атакующих. Города и Метрополисы будут давать значительное преимущество обороняющимся. Автоматические PvE осады могут быть запущены в отношении узлов которые недостаточно активны.
- 1 Siege defenses
- 2 Declaring a node siege
- 3 Siege alliances
- 4 Siege participation
- 5 Siege mechanics
- 6 Completing a siege
- 7 Node destruction
- 8 Impact of monsters and world bosses
- 9 Impact on player stalls
- 10 Node atrophy (deleveling)
- 11 Siege abilities
- 12 Node wars
- 13 Zergs
- 14 Иллюстрации
- 15 Смотрите также
- 16 Примечания
- Treasury funds can be invested into improving defensive structures, such as stronger walls and gates, traps, and defensive siege equipment.
- Relics will offer area-of-effect buffs to damage, attack range or player health of the defenders.
- Race will not affect the defensive capability of a node.
Declaring a node siege
- Sieges are started via a siege scroll, which is acquired through a quest that scales in difficulty with respect to the level of the node. A substantial investment is required to attain the siege scroll.
- A node siege may not be declared for 21 days following a node advancing to Village (stage 3). This does not apply to nodes at higher stages.
- Once the siege scroll is brought to the node and is activated, the declaration period begins and a countdown is initiated for players in the region to see. This countdown runs for a number of days equal to the stage of the node being sieged.
- Once the countdown is complete, the siege begins.
Sieges are started via an item which is acquired through a quest that scales in difficulty with respect to the level of the Node which is being targeted for the siege. Once the item is brought to the Node and is activated, the declaration period begins and a countdown is initiated for players in the region to see. This countdown runs for a number of days equal to the level of the Node being sieged. Once the countdown is complete, the siege begins. – Margaret Krohn
- The player who originally declared the siege cannot exclude anyone from joining the attack.
- Citizens of the node or provincial nodes being attacked are automatically registered as defenders.
- Players do not need to be citizens of the node in order to register as defenders, but they cannot be citizens of a node that is at war with the node they wish to defend.
- Citizens of allied nodes cannot register to attack.
- Once a siege is declared, players are prohibited from moving goods out of depositories within the node.
That incentivizes even further the necessity of players to contribute to the defense of a city. It also elevates the need for that city to politically gain allies among other nodes so that they can protect the collective goods of the citizens. – Steven Sharif
- During the siege virtually all services are suspended.
Objective-based events such as Node sieges, Castle sieges, Guild wars, and Node wars will occur within a prime-time window somewhere between 3PM and 9PM server time. This is subject to testing.
- Осады замков|.
- Осады узлов.
- Появление легендарных мировых боссов.
- События из-за монет монстров.
- Возможности для подземелий.
Будь это осадой или сработавшим событием против города или уникальной возможностью для подземелья... Такого типа вещи будут включать оповещения. Особенно граждан города; где вы и будете проинформированы о наступающем событии. В общем, это предоставит вам время. – Steven Sharif
- For node sieges, citizens of the node or provincial nodes being attacked are automatically registered as defenders.
- There are many reasons to participate as an ally in the attack or defence of other nodes.
- Social bonds.
Many incentives exist that can benefit your node and yourself personally by participating in the attack or defense of cities. These range from titles, to items, to materials, to money. Additionally, aiding others may help you strengthen bonds when your assets are threatened. – Steven Sharif
- Разные пути развития альянсов.
- Гильдии делят основные услуги с членами альянса.
- Альянсы смогут выставлять отношения с узлами.
Контент направленный конкретно на альянсы и их развитие; и способность делиться некоторыми общими сервисами между гильдиями которые являются частью этого альянса. Я думаю что выгодно будет дать альянсам дополнительную возможность выставлять определённые отноения с узлами в качестве взаимодействия. Это предоставит интересную динамику игрокам которые являются жителями конкретного узла с которым определены отношения или членами альянса. Так что я думаю что, очевидно, построение систем состоит из создания каналов благодаря которым игроки смогут формировать связи и чем больше слоев вокруг таких каналов построения связей между разными гильдиями и игроками, тем более сильно поддерживаются такие отношения. – Steven Sharif
- The developers are testing methods for restricting non-registered combatants from entering the battlefield.
Players may choose to respawn at their HQ as long as they are registered.
Lower level characters will have usefulness in mass combat that does not depend on their level, such as manning siege weapons, helping repair fortifications, bringing proximity-based buffs to key positions, using stealth or scaling walls. These types of things are relevant to the tide of battle and do not require the player to be max-level or have high combat stats.
- Certain siege mechanics may be gated for specific size groups during sieges.
- There will not be a deserter debuff for leaving a siege before it is complete.
- More will be revealed in an upcoming blog entry.
Part of this endeavor of sieging a player-held location (or non-player-held location) is time to prepare; and that includes gathering and crafting these mega weapons or collecting the resources: Whether it be gold or specific quest items to purchase from NPCs. – Steven Sharif
- Mayors are able to allocate treasury funding to hire mercenary NPCs to defend their node during sieges.
- NPC mercanaries can also be hired to participate in castle sieges.
- Players will assign these NPCs, but won't micromanage them, in a similar manner to pets.
There are mercenary NPCs that can be assigned to players. We've discussed about that before and those will follow generically... a kind of pet system even you know adopted majority of the pet system with the added bonus of kind of objective based points of interest that you can assign them to. But we don't want to inundate the field with these mercenaries they'll be kind of few and far between. They'll be assigned specifically like let's say for example you know as the mayor of a node during a siege you'll be able to assign these two specific players that are citizens within your node and then they'll have those they'll spawn during the during the node siege; or vice versa and the castle siege you know guild leaders can assign mercenaries that are available based on the progress of those subsidiary nodes around the castle siege whether or not you have those available to your defense or your attack. – Steven Sharif
The dragon will have a lot of capability in PvP. It's primarily its purpose, because as it relates to Castles and the sieges they're in, or Nodes and the sieges they're in. We want dragons to have large scale ramifications against player raids. – Steven Sharif
- Districts are taken by defeating a "raid boss" guard NPC in that district.
- If attackers take over a district, they gain that district as a respawn location.
- Attackers can kill the quartermasters to increase the respawn times of the defenders while reducing their own respawn times.
Defenders can assault the outposts of the attackers to hinder them.
Attackers may not be capable of deleveling a node. Instead they may carry out precision attacks to disable specific service-oriented buildings within the node. These buildings can be targeted with siege weapons and bombs.
As the attackers are sieging a city you know they have obviously a win condition- a win objective- but additionally there can be casualties from a structural standpoint during that process. So let's say if the... attackers were to not succeed in completely destroying the node they could still affect damage across multiple types of buildings that are present within the node, which disables services for that those citizens and also will require some type of reconstruction effort on behalf of the citizens. – Steven Sharif
Completing a siege
- Defenders will be required to hold a central point in the node for the duration of the siege or they must destroy the hedquarters of the attacking army.
- Attackers will need to gain access to the node then reach a central point where they must channel a 5 minute cast on the defender's flag. This cast can not be interrupted by CC but can be interrupted through death of the caster.
If the node survives, there will be a cooldown before the node can be sieged again:
- A successful siege will destroy the node.
- A portion of all Materials (crafting components) and Gatherables that were stored in the destroyed node will become lootable to the victors of the siege as spoils of war.
- This includes gatherables and processed goods that were stored in in-node housing and apartment storage chests. These do not become lootable if the node survives the siege- even if the housing buildings are destroyed or damaged during the siege.
- Players are prohibited from moving goods out of depositories within the node following a siege declaration against that node.
- Nodes revert to stage 0 (wilderness) after a successful siege.
- Any modified terrain will revert back to its original state.
Nodes can be destroyed starting at Level 3 - Village Stage, and are destroyed through sieges. Sieges are started via an item which is acquired through a quest that scales in difficulty with respect to the level of the Node which is being targeted for the siege. Once the item is brought to the Node and is activated, the declaration period begins and a countdown is initiated for players in the region to see. This countdown runs for a number of days equal to the level of the Node being sieged. Once the countdown is complete, the siege begins. There is a cooldown between sieges, and players must wait a certain amount of time after an unsuccessful siege before a new siege can be declared. The higher the Node level, the longer the cooldown between sieges. If a siege is successful, then the Node is brought down to Level 0, and anyone who was a citizen of that Node is no longer a citizen. – Margaret Krohn
- Attackers may not be capable of destroying a node during a siege. Instead they may carry out precision attacks to disable specific service-oriented buildings within the node. These buildings can be targeted with siege weapons and bombs.
- Node buildings (including player housing) have hit points and can be damaged during sieges. If buildings suffer more than approximately 25% damage, any NPCs or services offered by that building will not be available until the building is repaired.
- If the node still exists after the siege has ended, citizens will need to obtain the resources needed to repair and rebuild any damaged infrastructure.
- Player housing that is destroyed during a node siege can no longer be sold.
You could be more precision oriented in the decision to attack a city. Let's say it's a rival node that's trying to reach you know a node stage five or something and you want to disable their ability for the religious system to progress so you target the temple during the attack, or you want to disable their scholars academy from reaching a higher level so that your nodes can; or you want to disable multiple buildings that allow for experience and quests to be undertaken by its citizenship, which prevents them from keeping up in pace of experience gained with your node. These can be more precision oriented and don't have to effectualize an actual takeover of the node. – Steven Sharif
Impact on player housing
- Blueprints are mailed to the player to utilize for future placement.
- Destroyed freeholds are subject to material loss.
- Certificates will track major milestones (such as Furnaces and Homesteads, for example).
- A possible design idea is for items such as furnishings to be boxed in crates that are accessible inside the new home.
Impact on in-node housing
- If the housing was purchased at a higher advancement than the node currently is then it will be destroyed, otherwise the housing will be scaled back.
Impact on apartments
- If their building was destroyed during a node siege, even if the siege was not successful.
- If the siege delevels the node below stage 4 (Town).
Impact on freeholds
- Players and their allies may defend their freehold for this period of time.
- Structures and guards may be obtained to defend freeholds during this period.
After the two hour period of open combat following a successful node siege, any remaining freeholds will exist under a grace period for roughly 1 week where another node may take over the zone of influence of the freehold.
- The freehold owner will be required to undertake a quest process to have their freehold adopted by a new node if one exists.
- At the end of the grace period, if the freehold does not reside within the ZOI of a stage three (Village) node or above, it will be destroyed.
If a siege is successful, then the Node is brought down to Level 0, and anyone who was a citizen of that Node is no longer a citizen. Freeholds within the Zone of Influence are subject to a period of vulnerability. These Freeholds can be destroyed by other players during a period of roughly 2 hours after a successful siege. Destroyed Freeholds are subject to material loss, and blueprints for them are mailed to the player to utilize for future placement in order to allow the player to keep their Freehold’s layout and structure. Once the vulnerability period is complete, any remaining Freeholds will exist under a grace period for roughly 1 week where another Node may take over the Zone of Influence of the Freehold. – Margaret Krohn
- Different races becoming primary contributors.
- Design elements determined by different governments.
- Reactions and interactions with other nodes in the world.
- The only way to remove an elected mayor prior to the end of their term is by destroying the node.
Impact of monsters and world bosses
- Monster coin events do not occur before sieges.
- Monster coin events do not occur during sieges.
Impact on player stalls
Node atrophy (deleveling)
- This is a preliminary design and may change based on testing. This may be changed to an atrophy points system, where accumulated points will progressively disable services within a node. The node may be destroyed (instead of deleveling) if a significant points threshold is reached.
There are intrinsic problems with reducing a nodes level as opposed to removing the node and it may be possible I'm just gonna say now that we don't actually atrophy nodes to delevel but rather accrue atrophy points that must be replenished over time; and if not it begins to disable services and further compound the atrophy problem; at which point when it reaches a certain atrophy point then the node would just disappear. – Steven Sharif
- Nodes accumulate an experience deficit each day based on the node's level. The deficit is subtracted from any experience earned that day. If any deficit remains, then this is subtracted from the node’s experience pool.
- Mayors are able to initiate quest-driven systems that non-citizens can participate in. The mayor can use a portion of the node's treasury or goods as rewards for quest completion. Players will be able to interface with the node to view the quests that are available to them.
- Certain flags will appear to notify node citizens if their node has dropped below the required experience for its current stage. After a short period, if the atrophy is not addressed, the Node will then delevel.
- A node cannot delevel more than a single level at a time.
- When a Node delevels it enters a safe period, during which the deficit is temporarily reduced to 0.
- It may be possible through node atrophy for two nodes of the same stage to be adjacent to each other.
If a Node delevels, it returns to the previous Stage, but keeps the racial style it had before deleveling. A Node cannot delevel more than a single level at a time. For example, a Level 2 Node would become a Level 1, or a Level 1 Node would become a Level 0. If deleveling would cause a Node to lose its Vassals, it does so. When a Node delevels it enters a “safe period,” during which the deficit is temporarily reduced to 0. Once the safe period expires, the Node can once again begin losing experience based on its deficit. – Margaret Krohn
Это тот тип системы, который мы хотим вопротить в жизнь, когда группа с одними и теми же основными архетипами может собраться вместе, чтобы вызвать эффекты, зависящие от индивидуальности этого архетипа. – Steven Sharif
- A siege summon will have an incremental size based on the number of summoners participating in that summon activity, with a maximum of eight.
- The number of summoners participating in the summon will determine its overall size.
- All summoners must be in the same party and the party leader must be a summoner.
- The party leader initiates the summon and then takes control of it.
- Once summoned, the party leader cannot be changed.
- If the party disbands, the summon ends. There will be a grace period to handle disconnects.
- The party may also contain non-Summoners.
If eight Tank archetypes each use one of their summon wall abilities it might construct a larger wall that can divide two raids in a moment; and would require damage and block skills and abilities for a momentary lapse of battle between those two raids. – Steven Sharif
- This mutually flags the citizens of the warring nodes, including their allies, as combatants.
- Vassal nodes cannot declare a node war on their parent node or any of their vassals.
We have conditions that you can set between nodes with regards to either nodes being friendly with each other and acting trade alliances, or they can declare war on nodes similar to how guild wars may function in different games, where those citizens become hostile to each other based on the player government that's elected in the particular node. So those systems all kind of cater to allowing a conflict that's meaningful and that also provides a non-imbalanced relationship between stronger guilds and not as strong guilds. – Steven Sharif
- Raid and dungeon bosses have specific mechanics that players need to learn and react to. Zergs that are not aware of these mechanics or react to them appropriately will be wiped.
- There is a give-and-take for guilds that want to see a larger number of members as opposed to a more focused group that may be a part of an alliance.
We're very cognizant of the fact that we don't want to see zerging be a mechanic that's utilized by guilds to accomplish content or just to steamroll over sieges... There are specific mechanics that we are working on that will be seen through the testing phases that relate to a degree of understanding of certain systems that can't just be overrun with numbers. – Steven Sharif
The best way that I found in games I played previously to take down a zerg is to cause drama from within... It's that conflict inside of the politicking that happens in that big organization. If we provide opportunities for division to occur then it also provides stability to keep a server healthy away from that zerg mentality also... If we approach the castle siege and we've destroyed the walls and we're in the throne room and we're about to cast on the penultimate thing and I at this time am just so excited from what's happening that I'm like "screw it I'm gonna go for it". It's gonna be mine. I'm gonna take the taxes for the next month. I'm gonna take all the gear from the castle. I'm gonna take everything... We kind of want that political intrigue to be present in the game. – Steven Sharif
Objective-based game play helps to balance the zerg mentality.
I always feel that if you balance based on groups that in your balance focus is to incorporate features that play well from a player versus player perspective as well as a player versus environment perspective: Having support classes, having DPS and tanks that can obstruct movement and/or create you know bottlenecks on the field and stuff like that. I think a well-rounded raid it will perform better against a non well-rounded raid, however then you incorporate the second aspect of numbers; and that's where again mobility, organization, leadership tactics. Having objectives in gameplay that make those important helps to balance the zerg mentality that a lot of guilds can tend to have. – Steven Sharif
- Видео, 4 Декабря 2016 (0:02).
- A reactive world - Nodes.
- Видео, 30 Апреля 2017 (5:31).
- Стрим, 25 July 2020 (1:22:40).
- Стрим, 26 June 2020 (1:33:10).
- Стрим, 18 January 2018 (37:05).
- Стрим, 25 July 2020 (1:40:10).
- Blog - Know Your Nodes - Advance and Destroy.
- Стрим, 26 July 2019 (1:16:03).
- Интервью, 7 August 2018 (14:35).
- Интервью, 19 July 2020 (41:32).
- Стрим, 30 April 2020 (1:14:44).
- Стрим, 19 May 2017 (47:07).
- Интервью, 29 July 2020 (31:05).
- Интервью, 18 July 2020 (13:13).
- Интервью, 8 July 2020 (22:37).
- Стрим, 4 Мая 2018 (48:14).
- Интервью, 17 Августа 2018 (24:48).
- Official Livestream - May 4th @ 3 PM PST - Q&A
- Подкаст, 11 Мая 2018 (21:07).
- Интервью, 8 July 2020 (1:12:51).
- Стрим, 24 May 2017 (37:05).
- Blog: 10 facts about castle sieges in the MMORPG.
- Видео, 31 May 2017 (2:27).
- Интервью, 8 August 2018 (20:49).
- Стрим, 24 May 2017 (17:08).
- Стрим, 19 May 2017 (45:14).
- Стрим, 28 July 2017 (36:51).
- Стрим, 28 August 2020 (1:41:24).
- Стрим, 26 June 2020 (59:11).
- Стрим, November 22 2019 (1:14:23).
- Стрим, 8 April 2018 (PM) (51:49).
- Интервью, 19 July 2020 (37:58).
- Стрим, November 22 2019 (17:59).
- Стрим, November 22 2019 (15:48).
- Интервью, 8 July 2020 (57:46).
- Стрим, 26 June 2020 (1:48:43).
- Стрим, 9 July 2018 (42:48).
- Ashes of Creation Apocalypse Early Access.
- Видео, 24 September 2019 (0:10).
- Стрим, 28 June 2019 (31:15).
- Стрим, November 22 2019 (16:56).
- Интервью, 8 July 2020 (59:38).
- Стрим, 26 June 2020 (1:02:12).
- Стрим, 18 July 2017 (40:14).
- Стрим, 17 November 2017 (47:10).
- Стрим, 26 June 2020 (1:00:57).
- Стрим, 28 August 2020 (2:04:00).
- Стрим, 19 May 2017 (28:04).
- Стрим, 19 May 2017 (29:34).
- Стрим, 24 May 2017 (52:39).
- Стрим, 24 May 2017 (40:50).
- Стрим, 28 June 2019 (1:26:14).
- Стрим, 24 May 2017 (22:30).
- Стрим, 3 May 2017 (36:25).
- Стрим, 16 October 2017 (59:39).
- Интервью, 8 July 2020 (1:00:15).
- Интервью, 8 July 2020 (1:04:05).
- Подкаст, 11 Мая 2018 (49:20).
- Стрим, 19 May 2017 (10:06).
- Стрим, 8 April 2018 (AM) (28:01).
- Интервью, 17 August 2018 (14:59).
- Подкаст, 11 May 2018 (49:20).
- City hall.
- Интервью, 19 July 2020 (24:34).
- Blog - Know Your Nodes - The Basics.
- Видео, 5 April 2018 (41:48).
- Стрим, 5 May 2017 (23:26).
- Стрим, 19 May 2017 (25:18).
- Стрим, 22 May 2017 (57:37).
- Интервью, 11 May 2018 (44:20).
- Интервью, 8 August 2018 (11:52).