We’re going to be breaking up what is traditionally called ‘questing’ into three different categories: Narratives, Events, and Tasks. We want to avoid going down the path of trying to force narrative into gameplay where it doesn’t really fit (ie: filler stuff that doesn’t really relate to what’s happening in the world).
- 1 Events
- 2 Tasks
- 3 Narrative quests
- 4 Daily quests
- 5 Расовые задания
- 6 Quest driven caravans
- 7 Mayoral quests
- 8 Soloable quests
- 9 Collection quests
- 10 Quest givers
- 11 Quest sponsorship
- 12 Removing player corruption
- 13 Ashes of Creation Apocalypse quests
- 14 Лор
- 15 Зоны и прокачка
- 16 Screenshots
- 17 Смотрите также
- 18 Примечания
Events are things that happen in Ashes of Creation as the result of development in the world. They can take the form of quests, pop-up triggered quests or other story lines that happen throughout the world. Events are public quests that are scaled to fit local, regional, and global needs.
- Events that are taken care of successfully have positive consequences.
- Events that reach a fail condition have negative consequences, such as natural disasters.
- There may be one-off events.
- If events don't occur within a certain time period, they could occur randomly.
Events are where you’ll find your public quests, though these will be scaled to fit local, regional, and global needs. They’ll also have consequences locally, regionally, and globally, for good (if they’re taken care of successfully) or for ill (if a fail condition is reached).
Events... can be local, regional or global, and consist of boons or banes. They’re triggered based on a lot of different variables, and some may be one-off Events that occur once, and never again. If an Event is handled successfully, then something good happens to the local, regional, or global area. If it fails, then something bad befalls the local, regional or global area. They’ll relate to the overall Narrative, but don’t fall into its overall structure (for the most part). These are the things that will be written into history, and we imagine that as time grows, each server’s history will diverge more and more.
Monster coin events
Sometimes the disturbed beings could take the form of packs of dire wolves, hordes of zombies roused from their graveyard, or even, rarely, an epic-tier dragon flying out of a volcano once a node reaches its maximum level. In any case, the disturbed monsters have to tackle a series of destructive objectives, which can either be handled by the the AI or, more interestingly, by a player. The player in turn would attempt to complete all those actions much as in a multi-objective quest, hopefully before other players brought him or her down.
- They are structured in a way to prevent groups from gaming the system.
- Monster coin events are triggered by activity in the world, such as node advancement, defeating a boss or constructing certain types of buildings within a node.
- Server messages appear for players in the vicinity of these dynamic events.
- Drop tables are disabled for player controlled monsters.
- Tasks refer to node-based objectives that are narrative based.
- Tasks come and go in regional areas; and react to events in the world.
Tasks are hyper-local to individual Nodes, and will be centered around developing the Node that they belong to. If you want to go kill five wolves, this is where you’d do it. You can kill five wolves on your own, and that will count toward Node progression, but if a Task is offered to kill five wolves, then both the Node and your character will get bonus XP when that task is completed. Tasks will be numerous and varied, and will reflect the different gameplay styles that players can engage in within Ashes – there will be crafting, exploration, combat, and gathering oriented tasks (among many others).
What you find in the Narratives category is where you’ll find most of what you might call traditional quests. Because we’re jettisoning filler, we’ll have the resources to craft a really excellent story, with gameplay that reflects the scope of that story.
The world of Верра will be the same on each server, but Узлы will develop differently. Different servers will have different narratives. Things that happen on one server may not happen on another.
We want as many people as possible to experience the main server Narrative. These will branch at different scales, but largely at the personal level. Where things change is at the Node level – different parts of the story will be unlocked based on where and when Nodes grow. Unlocking a part of the story in a certain way locks out progression of the story in a different way. You’ll see different antagonists, different NPCs, and different calls to action depending on what’s happening with the server at that time.
It kind of redefines what the players will experience in an MMORPG to come into a wilderness that is devoid of really any structure outside of what the community creates themselves; and then what can be created can be changed, if they want to experience a storyline that's been seen on another server, but you know you're fighting a dragon because you're near a mountain and the other server's fighting a Kraken because they're near the coast and you want to fight that Kraken because of its drop table. If you want to meta it or because you just want that under your belt: to be the server first to take out that Kraken and you have yet to develop the node there, you know it's incumbent upon you to manifest that in the game. – Steven Sharif
- Personal quest lines.
- Cultural quest lines.
- Regional quest lines.
All of the events are based around storytelling. All of the the narrative quests are based around storytelling. All the organizational quests are based around storytelling. You know the game is built from a story basically, so we want to make sure that there's context and relevancy for all of the actions that you're doing in the game. – Джеффри Бард
Even player driven mechanics will still have story components. There will be a reason why the player driven mechanic is available or required of the player; so you know every system that's created touches a story. – Steven Sharif
Every stage a node develops it's unlocking narratives, storylines, it's changing the spawn population of the area around it, changing what bosses exist, it's triggering events where you may have legendary dragons attack the city. It's basically writing the story of the server based on the actions and determination of the players. So, you may experience a dungeon one month earlier and have a completely different story that relates to this location the next month, because something has changed either geopolitically or from the node standpoint. – Steven Sharif
- Mayors require certain resources.
- Buildings are required within a node.
- Social organization tasks need to be completed.
- The ability to retry a failed quest depends on Node progression.
- Quests involving citizens from multiple nodes are unlocked based on the alliances and other relationships between the nodes and their progression.
There will be many different quests that actually have stages of the storyline; and these stages can actually be failed. You can actually fail a storyline; which sucks when you think about it, but at the same time that risk makes your investment that much more important. – Steven Sharif
There is a small RNG chance of looting rare and legendary items or crafting materials from mobs based on the level, status and type of mob. This also applies to harvesting resources with a gathering profession.
- There is a much higher chance that materials and unique recipes are dropped that can be used to craft items of equitable value.
- Legendary equipment is only dropped by Legendary world bosses.
At each stage from Gatherer to Processor to Crafter you are required to have certain prerequisites before those elite types of materials can be essentially gathered, processed, or crafted. – Steven Sharif
- Gatherers must have high quality tools to gather rare resources.
- Processors must have high tier processing buildings on their freehold to produce rare materials.
- Crafters must also satisfy certain prerequisites to craft legendary equipment.
The amount of effort needed and interdependencies across the different types of players – between raiders and PvPers and crafters and even role players and the taverns and businesses: the processors and gatherers – all of those systems will likely have a component that lends toward creating or crafting that legendary item... We want to stay away from the highly RNGd system, and instead take our multiple progression paths that we are offering the players and put the construction components for achieving these legendary items within them so it encourages communities to work together because it's going to be difficult for just one person by themselves to gather everything. Not to say that they couldn't in an economic sense, by buying those components, that's possible. But achieving them from a time investment standpoint we want it to be considerably less RNG focussed. – Steven Sharif
There are absolutely legendary items and they're not items that are attained easily nor are they granted out in a volume. There might even be items that are single items that will exist on the server at any given time.
It will be a very ornate and detailed weapon, more so than any other weapon or piece of equipment in the game. It will also include some awesome looking effects that won't too gaudy, you know they won't be too bright and shiny so that it doesn't look good, but they will be subtle and people will notice it and know wow that guy has this weapon. – Steven Sharif
Legendary items are not intended to be temporary.
The fact there is only one of them... or very very few of them depending on what it is. I think that in and of itself is a balance component right and you need to make sure that the players who are striving for those legendary things and who are devoting the time energy, resources in order to achieve them are accurately rewarded... We do not intend on having legendary items that are temporary. – Steven Sharif
Мы будем записывать историю мира для того чтобы иметь возможность рассказать людям историю до сегодняшнего дня. Новый игрок, присоединившийся спустя полгода после старта может посмотреть на каждый сервер, что сделали люди на этом сервере, как каждый из серверов справился с повествованием; и они могут сами решить к какому сообществу им присоединиться; в какой версии мира они хотели бы поучаствовать. – Джеффри Бард
- There will not be an obligation to log each day.
- Will likely not be RNG based.
- Focused around how changes in the world relate to a player's opportunities.
- Location matters due to the lack of fast travel.
I don't think those will be RNG based. Those will be probably- you will see the reward structure for those types of quests. Will they be dailies? No they won't be in the sense of what we've experienced dailies in the past where you feel so obligated to log in and like you'll miss these things. It's more gonna be focused around like how the world is changing and how the changes in the world relate to your opportunities; and then you know if your location's gonna matter because fast travel is not a thing, where you're located at is going to determine your you know the risk versus reward opportunities that are present; and then depending on the time that those occur. – Steven Sharif
- Не будет "гриндовых" квестов.
- Не будет многократно повторяющихся квестовых линий в одном подземелье чтобы получить снаряжение.
- Целью является иметь больше вещей которыми можно заняться в игре чем времени у игрока их делать.
Могут быть даже разные направления одного задания для разных рас, и даже пусть вы делитесь заданием убить босса, если вы играете за человека, а я - за эльфа, у меня потенциально может иметься альтернативная сюжетная линия задания, ведущая в ином направлении, чем у вас, хоть мы и взяли одно задание. Это может зависеть от того, чья культура привнесла больший вклад в развитие узла, разблокировав различные сюжетные линии для культур одной основной культуры узла - это не будет закрывать доступ к контенту, а создаст различные тона и различные направления, чтобы кругом не было сплошных шаблонов. – Стивен Шариф
Раса имеет значение, потому что у повествования есть ветви, на которые влияет культура, внёсшая больший вклад в развитие узла... Если вы Никюа и вы находитесь в узле, принадлежащем преимущественно Никюа, вам как представителю этой расы будут доступны определённые услуги и/или способности, доступа к которым может не быть у других рас... У них могут быть альтернативные линейки заданий, но конкретно ваши им доступны не будут. Потом эти характерные для Никюа задания окажут влияние на мета-повествование, существующее в мире, и они станут его направлять. Это будет преимуществом для вашей расы, поскольку разблокирует определённый контент, который прочие расы ещё не разблокировали. Так что есть смысл развиваться в этом направлении, чтобы сдержать прогресс доминирующей расы. – Стивен Шариф
Расы неигровых персонажей
Quest driven caravans
- These are initiated by players with a diverse choice of routes and launch windows, making them difficult to zerg.
- Initiating a caravan from one node to another will create a PvP objective that players will need to defend while it moves along its chosen route to the selected destination.
- Node-based caravan stats and capabilities scale with their node's advancement.
- Roads will upgrade as nodes advance. Different roads will dictate the speed and type of caravan required (off road vs on road).
The caravan system is designed to be initiated by the player. Which means, information of the caravans launch time and route, should be a closely guarded secret. Routes will also be diverse, and the world is large, so it might behoove you to scout the route ahead before a launch. Fast travel in our game is also limited, which means unless the guild had knowledge of your plans before hand, it is likely that they will be unable to organize and travel to a location. As far as mass guilds securing trade routes, there is always a bigger fish in the pond. Also caravans will have limitations on carrying capacity and launch windows that will segment mulitiple caravans by several minutes, which would space out the caravans, making it difficult to "zerg" a defense. – Steven Sharif
Mayors are able to initiate quest-driven systems that non-citizens can participate in. The mayor can use a portion of their node's treasury or goods as rewards for quest completion. Players will be able to interface with the node to view the quests that are available to them.
- Quest givers are identified by a green shimmer on their nameplates.
There will be subtle ways that players will acquire knowledge that something is to be done in an area.
- There are not going to be obvious quest markers such as question marks and exclamation marks telling players where to turn.
Removing player corruption
- Dying removes a significant portion of a player's corruption score.
- Gaining experience will also slowly reduce a player's corruption score.
- A quest may be utilized to reduce the player kill (PK) count of a corrupt player in order for them to accumulate less corruption score in the future.
- Corruption duration is reduced in military nodes.
Ashes of Creation Apocalypse quests
- Daily and weekly quests allow players to gain up to 50 levels. Leveling allows players to unlock unique cosmetic rewards, such as weapon skins.
- Days and weeks end at midnight UTC, with weeks ending on Sunday, 23:59.
- These quests give lore that relates to the story of Верра during the fall, thousands of years before the start of the MMORPG.
Ashes of Creation Apocalypse progression
- Between 15 and 20 cosmetic rewards are earnable in every chapter.
- Daily and weekly quests will allow players to gain up to 50 levels (matching the intended level cap for the Ashes of Creation MMORPG).
- Advancing through these levels allows players to unlock unique cosmetic rewards, such as weapon skins.
You're going to have an adventuring path and that adventuring path is going to come with weekly quests and daily quests that you can participate in that will be available for the Castle sieges for the Horde and for the Battle Royale; and as you complete these quests you're going to gain experience; and right now you have up to 50 levels, which matches the intended cap for Ashes of Creation. Fifty levels of the adventure path that you can advance in; and as you advance in each of these levels you're going to be unlocking certain assets, such as these weapon skins. Now the great thing about player's progress in Apocalypse is that you will share the same account from Apocalypse to Ashes of Creation the MMORPG and anything that you earn in Apocalypse will be in Ashes of Creation the MMORPG- a unique as a skin exactly: A skin that you will have access to for helping us test write Apocalypse and preparing these different Alpha and Beta stages for Ashes of Creation. – Steven Sharif
Мы принимаем историю мира очень близко к сердцу, потому что она очень богата. Она разнообразна. Она будет иметь применение и помимо MMORPG. Мы собираемся повести ее значительно дальше, но я хочу чтобы это было чем-то таким что игроки открывают сами, а не просто выдается игроку и становится неинтересным. При испытании истории игроки должны ощущать что она относится к ним на личном уровне. – Steven Sharif
История про мифологию и открытие правды о которой говорят мифы и выяснение того что на самом деле случилось в этом мире давным-давно; это часть процесса исследования; и мы хотим чтобы игроки ощущали это всю игру, причем не только касаемо истории мира, но и собственно самого мира. – Джеффри Бард
Зоны и прокачка
Dungeons, Raids, World bosses, Mobs, Quests, Events, Resources, Narratives and other content within a node's ZOI will have a diverse level range; but will scale with the advancement of that node and its racial influence.
We don’t have a strictly level 25 zone. Instead, that zone might have some level 10 creatures near the road, some level 20 creatures deep in the forest, and some level 30 creatures up the mountain. These ratios will change based on the Nodes that inform them, becoming generally more dangerous as the Node grows. All this civilization attracts the attention of Things-That-Should-Not-Be. This does not mean that wilderness areas are safe, by any means. Some may be safe-er, but all will have dangers that even the most experienced traveler needs to watch out for. – Steven Sharif
- Видео, 31 May 2020 (6:25).
- About Ashes of Creation.
- Видео, 31 May 2020 (5:25).
- Стрим, 15 May 2017 (20:58).
- MMOGames interview, January 2017
- Стрим, 3 May 2017 (46:18).
- Стрим, 30 January 2020 (1:32:12).
- Interview: Ashes of Creation on Building Their Virtual World, 13 April 2017.
- Стрим, 5 May 2017 (40:36).
- Видео, 25 May 2017 (0:02).
- IGN: Ashes of Creation first look: An MMO that lets you be the boss.
- Стрим, 26 May 2017 (22:19).
- Стрим, 3 May 2017 (36:25).
- Стрим, 3 May 2017 (35:25).
- Стрим, 12 May 2017 (42:17).
- Стрим, 19 May 2017 (37:03).
- Стрим, 22 May 2017 (28:02).
- Стрим, 18 January 2018 (39:08).
- Стрим, 30 May 2019 (1:18:16).
- Стрим, 17 December 2019 (1:10:30).
- Видео, 5 April 2018 (35:01).
- Стрим, 31 October 2017 (29:50).
- Интервью, 20 October 2018 (2:36:25).
- Стрим, 25 July 2020 (1:50:20).
- Стрим, 8 May 2017 (50:32).
- Интервью, 18 July 2020 (1:00:15).
- Интервью, 19 July 2020 (8:43).
- Интервью, 20 July 2020 (21:57).
- Стрим, 8 April 2018 (PM) (55:49).
- Стрим, 25 July 2020 (46:08).
- Стрим, 19 May 2017 (44:18).
- Стрим, 15 May 2017 (38:08).
- Стрим, 9 July 2018 (25:34).
- Стрим, 8 April 2018 (PM) (51:49).
- Интервью, 20 Апреля 2018 (9:20).
- Интервью, 17 August 2018 (23:47).
- Стрим, 15 Мая 2017 (26:13).
- Интервью, 24 Августа 2018 (4:15).
- Подкаст, 23 апреля 2018 (29:56).
- Интервью, 11 мая 2018 (1:00:19).
- Стрим, 26 июля 2019 (1:13:23).
- Стрим, 28 July 2017 (19:43).
- Стрим, 9 February 2018 (45:48).
- Видео, 15 July 2019 (2:12).
- Интервью, 8 July 2020 (1:04:05).
- Стрим, 26 May 2017 (48:48).
- Стрим, 22 May 2017 (52:39).
- Стрим, 31 October 2017 (30:34).
- Стрим, 9 July 2018 (20:41).
- Интервью, 18 July 2020 (44:35).
- Интервью, 27 April 2017 (0:17).
- Интервью, 19 July 2020 (30:51).
- Стрим, 4 June 2018 (2:18).
- Стрим, 30 September 2019 (55:33).
- Стрим, 6 December 2018 (28:45).
- 2018-12-08 Newsletter.
- Стрим, 6 December 2018 (26:12).
- Стрим, 6 December 2018 (33:55).
- Ashes of Creation Press Kit.
- Интервью, 7 Декабря 2016.
- Стрим, 18 Января 2018 (39:08).
- Видео, 5 Апреля 2018 (37:50).
- Видео, 5 Апреля 2018 (37:13).
- Интервью, 19 July 2020 (19:35).
- Стрим, 15 May 2017 (30:53).
- Blog - Know Your Nodes - The Basics.