Events are things that happen in Ashes of Creation as the result of development in the world. They can take the form of quests, pop-up triggered quests or other story lines that happen throughout the world. Events are public quests that are scaled to fit local, regional, and global needs.
- Some events incorporate random story-driven interruptions to the normal flow of the world, such as blocking off specific roadways, having a random raid boss appear unexpectedly in a zone, leading to change of climate and changes to crop rotations.
- Events that are taken care of successfully have positive consequences.
- Events that reach a fail condition have negative consequences, such as natural disasters.
Events are where you’ll find your public quests, though these will be scaled to fit local, regional, and global needs. They’ll also have consequences locally, regionally, and globally, for good (if they’re taken care of successfully) or for ill (if a fail condition is reached).
Events... can be local, regional or global, and consist of boons or banes. They’re triggered based on a lot of different variables, and some may be one-off Events that occur once, and never again. If an Event is handled successfully, then something good happens to the local, regional, or global area. If it fails, then something bad befalls the local, regional or global area. They’ll relate to the overall Narrative, but don’t fall into its overall structure (for the most part). These are the things that will be written into history, and we imagine that as time grows, each server’s history will diverge more and more.
There may be one-off events.
- If events don't occur within a certain time period, they could occur randomly.
Harbingers that exist on Верра as dungeons are where Древние are capable of pushing into the material plane. They can continue to do so under the guise of the effects of corruption as it spreads. There are events that lead to the spreading of corruption that players will have to fight back against. When these events that occur players will need to participate to keep the intrusion on the material plane back.
- 1 Event types
- 2 Server prime-time
- 3 Cinematic events
- 4 Адаптивный контент
- 5 Seasonal events
- 6 Announcements/Notifications
- 7 Monster coins
- 8 Castle regions
- 9 GM run events
- 10 Player driven narrative
- 11 Mobile/web interface
- 12 Смотрите также
- 13 Примечания
Objective-based events such as Осады узлов, Castle sieges, Guild wars, and Node wars will occur within a prime-time window somewhere between 3PM and 9PM server time. This is subject to testing.
- Additional buildings will spawn.
- Additional mobs will spawn.
- Content difficulty will change.
- Dungeons will be unlocked when certain nodes advance to certain stages.
- Drop tables in areas and dungeons will be tied into the progression of certain areas.
Certain dungeons and other points of interest across the map will all be affected by the server’s node development. Some dungeons will only be unlocked if nodes are developed to certain stages. The storyline objectives for players inside dungeons will also be dependent on the story arc paths chosen through the node system. The drop tables in area and dungeons will also be tied into the progression of certain areas. For example, let’s say that the humans have developed a node in Region A, and a storyline has opened up that leads players to inspect the ruins (dungeon) of a nearby area. And let’s say that this node was developed in a scientific (crafting) zone… Well before the node developed, this dungeon was accessible… But now the dungeon has propagated new monster assets that include a drop table catering to a crafting emphasis because of the development of that scientific node. And perhaps, a new boss appears in different rooms of the dungeon that includes different adventure quest starts, like a mysterious item with a storyline that can only be progressed if a node develops to the metropolis stage in a certain region, across the world. Our system is so vast, when it comes to interconnectivity and how the world reacts to the players.
Seasonal events (holidays) in Ashes of Creation are not a direct parallel with real world events. Instead, there will be in-game lore behind seasonal events that can relate to the real-world in some way.
For example, this upcoming cosmetic bundle that's going to be available during the time of Halloween won't necessarily be pumpkins and candy corn type of cosmetics, but instead will be a bit darker. That way it can still be relevant to real world. And then additionally it may be possible as we localize and culturalize for other territories that we have the same philosophy with region-specific events. – Steven Sharif
- A raid boss, such as a winter dragon, may appear because a node has developed to Town (stage 4). This may bring an eternal winter that affects crop rotations until it is killed.
- Осады замков|.
- Осады узлов.
- Появление легендарных мировых боссов.
- События из-за монет монстров.
- Возможности для подземелий.
Будь это осадой или сработавшим событием против города или уникальной возможностью для подземелья... Такого типа вещи будут включать оповещения. Особенно граждан города; где вы и будете проинформированы о наступающем событии. В общем, это предоставит вам время. – Steven Sharif
Sometimes the disturbed beings could take the form of packs of dire wolves, hordes of zombies roused from their graveyard, or even, rarely, an epic-tier dragon flying out of a volcano once a node reaches its maximum level. In any case, the disturbed monsters have to tackle a series of destructive objectives, which can either be handled by the the AI or, more interestingly, by a player. The player in turn would attempt to complete all those actions much as in a multi-objective quest, hopefully before other players brought him or her down.
- They are structured in a way to prevent groups from gaming the system.
- Monster coin events are triggered by activity in the world, such as node advancement, defeating a boss or constructing certain types of buildings within a node.
- Server messages appear for players in the vicinity of these dynamic events.
- Drop tables are disabled for player controlled monsters.
- Древние are not going to be part of the monster coin system.
Traditionally, the Ancients are not going to be part of the Monster Coin system. These are the primary antagonists of the story. From a lore perspective, and one of the reasons why they're not a part of the Monster Coin system, is because their souls have really developed almost to the point of perfection in manipulating the Essence for more corrupt uses. They haven't quite gotten there, and who knows if they ever will, but that kind of attunes them out of the possibility: The reason why the monster coin system is possible with other creatures. – Steven Sharif
Прокачка в системе монет монстров
В Ashes of Creation большое количество мировых событий строится вокруг реакции окружения на игрока. Это значит что пока игроки исследуют мир и развивают цивилизацию вокруг, окружение отвечает на эти подвижки генерацией динамических событий и атак монстров на развивающиеся города. Эти события бывают трёх уровней: Legion, Elite и Epic.
- A castle's region is 1/5th the game world.
- Castle regions, Economic regions, and Node ZOI (Zones of Influence) can overlap.
- Castle region boundaries are static.
- Castle taxes are carried via NPC generated caravans from the nodes that fall under the castle's purview to one of the castle nodes at the end of each week leading up to a castle siege.
- In addition to taxes, Castles also influence crop yields, resources and events within its region.
- Part of the tax and resources gathered are applied to the castle for improvements.
- The remainder of tax income can be used by the guild for whatever they want.
- When castles change hands (following a siege), some taxes stay with the castle and some stay with the guild.
Castles have the ability to allocate taxes collected from nodes under them toward certain benefits that go back to the node. Or they can be more selfishly governed that treasury more towards the guild that owns it and that obviously is going to have some political implications, because it could- if you're not using it for the benefit of the people in the region they might rise up and help take you out from that that position of owning that castle. – Steven Sharif
GM run events
Player driven narrative
The world of Верра will be the same on each server, but Узлы will develop differently. Different servers will have different narratives. Things that happen on one server may not happen on another.
We want as many people as possible to experience the main server Narrative. These will branch at different scales, but largely at the personal level. Where things change is at the Node level – different parts of the story will be unlocked based on where and when Nodes grow. Unlocking a part of the story in a certain way locks out progression of the story in a different way. You’ll see different antagonists, different NPCs, and different calls to action depending on what’s happening with the server at that time.
It kind of redefines what the players will experience in an MMORPG to come into a wilderness that is devoid of really any structure outside of what the community creates themselves; and then what can be created can be changed, if they want to experience a storyline that's been seen on another server, but you know you're fighting a dragon because you're near a mountain and the other server's fighting a Kraken because they're near the coast and you want to fight that Kraken because of its drop table. If you want to meta it or because you just want that under your belt: to be the server first to take out that Kraken and you have yet to develop the node there, you know it's incumbent upon you to manifest that in the game. – Steven Sharif
Мы будем записывать историю мира для того, чтобы иметь возможность рассказать людям историю до сегодняшнего дня. Новый игрок, присоединившийся спустя полгода после старта, сможет посмотреть на каждый сервер, чего он достиг, в какую сторону двигался сюжет на сервере; и они смогут сами решить, к какому сообществу им присоединиться; в какой версии мира они хотели бы поучаствовать. – Джеффри Бард
- История of narrative events and when they occurred.
- Locations and last known quantity of gatherable resources.
- Locations and inhabitants of new dungeons or POIs (points of Interest) that have spawned.
- Runic power stones for armor.
- Common armor and weapon recipes (level 25 and under).
Reports of information to the library may expire after a period of time (say one week). After which new reports will be required to update the existing information.
You'll get that shroud of war functionality for the week after a report but if it doesn't receive a follow-up report after that expiration period then it will not be updating real time. – Steven Sharif
There is a small RNG chance of looting rare and legendary items or crafting materials from mobs based on the level, status and type of mob. This also applies to harvesting resources with a gathering profession.
- There is a much higher chance that materials and unique recipes are dropped that can be used to craft items of equitable value.
- Legendary equipment is only dropped by Legendary world bosses.
- Legendary equipment will have a roughly 6-12% improvement in base stats, subject to testing and balancing.
At each stage from Gatherer to Processor to Crafter you are required to have certain prerequisites before those elite types of materials can be essentially gathered, processed, or crafted. – Steven Sharif
- Gatherers must have high quality tools to gather rare resources.
- Processors must have high tier processing buildings on their freehold to produce rare materials.
- Crafters must also satisfy certain prerequisites to craft legendary equipment.
The amount of effort needed and interdependencies across the different types of players – between raiders and PvPers and crafters and even role players and the taverns and businesses: the processors and gatherers – all of those systems will likely have a component that lends toward creating or crafting that legendary item... We want to stay away from the highly RNGd system, and instead take our multiple progression paths that we are offering the players and put the construction components for achieving these legendary items within them so it encourages communities to work together because it's going to be difficult for just one person by themselves to gather everything. Not to say that they couldn't in an economic sense, by buying those components, that's possible. But achieving them from a time investment standpoint we want it to be considerably less RNG focussed. – Steven Sharif
There are absolutely legendary items and they're not items that are attained easily nor are they granted out in a volume. There might even be items that are single items that will exist on the server at any given time.
It will be a very ornate and detailed weapon, more so than any other weapon or piece of equipment in the game. It will also include some awesome looking effects that won't too gaudy, you know they won't be too bright and shiny so that it doesn't look good, but they will be subtle and people will notice it and know wow that guy has this weapon. – Steven Sharif
Legendary items are not intended to be temporary.
The fact there is only one of them... or very very few of them depending on what it is. I think that in and of itself is a balance component right and you need to make sure that the players who are striving for those legendary things and who are devoting the time energy, resources in order to achieve them are accurately rewarded... We do not intend on having legendary items that are temporary. – Steven Sharif
- Crop rotations.
- Киоски игроков (Kiosks).
- Mayoral duties.
- Pay taxes.
- Fishing (potentially).
- Parlor games (Tavern games).
- World event notifications.
- Node citizenship notifications.
- Player housing notifications.
- Guild leadership tools such as calendar notifications is a possible feature.
- Specific dates that you can have running as reminders in your guild UI, this will also be something that I would like to be available on the mobile companion app as well. So essentially you can receive notifications via a calendar update on guild events that the leaders or the officers have the ability to pin within the game will also give you notifications on the mobile app as well. That's my intention at least. – Steven Sharif
Some of it may come post-launch... but we do want people to interact with the game on their phones when they're away from the computer; and we're going to do as much as we can to make that cool. – Джеффри Бард
- Стрим, 26 March 2021 (23:33).
- Подкаст, 11 April 2021 (23:36).
- Стрим, 3 May 2017 (46:18).
- MMOGames interview, January 2017
- Стрим, 26 June 2020 (1:29:06).
- Our immersive world - Environments.
- Стрим, 8 May 2017 (20:27).
- Стрим, 30 January 2020 (1:32:12).
- Interview: Ashes of Creation on Building Their Virtual World, 13 April 2017.
- Подкаст, 11 April 2021 (54:35).
- Стрим, 8 November 2020 (12:47).
- Стрим, 5 May 2017 (40:36).
- Интервью, 29 July 2020 (31:05).
- Интервью, 18 July 2020 (13:13).
- Интервью, 8 July 2020 (22:37).
- Стрим, 27 September 2018 (43:21).
- Стрим, 26 March 2021 (50:33).
- Стрим, 26 March 2021 (22:53).
- Стрим, 17 November 2017 (36:22).
- Стрим, 17 November 2017 (18:29).
- Стрим, 26 March 2021 (50:03).
- Интервью, 20 October 2018 (7:31).
- Стрим, 4 Мая 2018 (48:14).
- Интервью, 17 Августа 2018 (24:48).
- Видео, 25 May 2017 (0:02).
- IGN: Ashes of Creation first look: An MMO that lets you be the boss.
- Стрим, 26 May 2017 (22:19).
- Стрим, 3 May 2017 (36:25).
- Стрим, 3 May 2017 (35:25).
- Подкаст, 15 November 2020 (47:12).
- Подкаст, 15 November 2020 (51:22).
- Стрим, 3 Мая 2017 (31:46).
- Стрим, 3 Мая 2017 (36:25).
- Blog: 10 facts about castle sieges in the MMORPG.
- Стрим, 30 April 2021 (1:01:10).
- Стрим, 28 August 2020 (1:39:02).
- Стрим, 4 June 2018 (22:27).
- Стрим, 19 May 2017 (37:03).
- Стрим, 22 May 2017 (28:02).
- Интервью, 20 апреля 2018 (9:20).
- Blog: Know Your Nodes - Scientific Node Type
- Подкаст, 11 April 2021 (27:34).
- Интервью, 18 July 2020 (1:00:15).
- Интервью, 19 July 2020 (8:43).
- Интервью, 20 July 2020 (21:57).
- Стрим, 8 April 2018 (PM) (55:49).
- Стрим, 25 July 2020 (46:08).
- Стрим, 26 March 2021 (1:02:06).
- Стрим, 19 May 2017 (44:18).
- Стрим, 15 May 2017 (38:08).
- Стрим, 9 July 2018 (25:34).
- Стрим, 8 April 2018 (PM) (51:49).
- Стрим, 18 January 2018 (30:18).
- Стрим, 17 November 2017 (11:00).
- Стрим, 4 May 2018 (54:09).
- Стрим, 9 May 2017 (28:57).
- Стрим, 17 November 2017 (9:49).
- Стрим, 17 November 2017 (11:53).
- Подкаст, 15 November 2020 (52:50).