Осады узлов позволяют игрокам сбавить уровень узла (обратить его прогресс) и уничтожить узел вообще. Таким образом этот процесс открывает путь к новому развитию и доступ к контенту скрытому в окружающих узлах. Благодаря этой механике, политическая борьба и интриги играют важную роль в структуре мира.
Осада Узлов не будет простой задачей для атакующих. Города и Метрополисы будут давать значительное преимущество обороняющимся. Автоматические PvE осады могут быть запущены в отношении узлов которые недостаточно активны.
- 1 Declaring a node siege
- 2 Siege alliances
- 3 Siege mechanics
- 4 Completing a siege
- 5 Node deleveling
- 6 Siege abilities
- 7 Impact of monsters and world bosses
- 8 Impact on player stalls
- 9 Node wars
- 10 Zergs
- 11 Artwork
- 12 Смотрите также
- 13 Примечания
Declaring a node siege
- Sieges are started via an item which is acquired through a quest that scales in difficulty with respect to the level of the Node.
- Once the item is brought to the Node and is activated, the declaration period begins and a countdown is initiated for players in the region to see.
Sieges are started via an item which is acquired through a quest that scales in difficulty with respect to the level of the Node which is being targeted for the siege. Once the item is brought to the Node and is activated, the declaration period begins and a countdown is initiated for players in the region to see. This countdown runs for a number of days equal to the level of the Node being sieged. Once the countdown is complete, the siege begins. – Margaret Krohn
- Sieging will require a similar amount of resources and time to what it took to develop the node being sieged.
- Siege equipment will need to be crafted based on the stage of the defending node.
- Mayors/governments allocate resources, taxes, and quests to help develop node defenses.
Once a siege is declared there is a period of time before the siege will commence, determined by the size of the node:
- Осады замков|.
- Осады узлов.
- Появление легендарных мировых боссов.
- События из-за монет монстров.
- Возможности для подземелий.
Будь это осадой или сработавшим событием против города или уникальной возможностью для подземелья... Такого типа вещи будут включать оповещения. Особенно граждан города; где вы и будете проинформированы о наступающем событии. В общем, это предоставит вам время. – Стивен Шариф
- For node sieges, citizens of the node or provincial nodes being attacked are automatically registered as defenders.
- There are many reasons to participate as an ally in the attack or defence of other nodes.
- Social bonds.
Many incentives exist that can benefit your node and yourself personally by participating in the attack or defense of cities. These range from titles, to items, to materials, to money. Additionally, aiding others may help you strengthen bonds when your assets are threatened. – Стивен Шариф
- Разные пути развития альянсов.
- Гильдии смогут делиться общими сервисами с членами альянса.
- Альянсы смогут выставлять отношения с узлами.
Контент направленный конкретно на альянсы и их развитие; и способность делиться некоторыми общими сервисами между гильдиями которые являются частью этого альянса. Я думаю что выгодно будет дать альянсам дополнительную возможность выставлять определённые отноения с узлами в качестве взаимодействия. Это предоставит интересную динамику игрокам которые являются жителями конкретного узла с которым определены отношения или членами альянса. Так что я думаю что, очевидно, построение систем состоит из создания каналов благодаря которым игроки смогут формировать связи и чем больше слоев вокруг таких каналов построения связей между разными гильдиями и игроками, тем более сильно поддерживаются такие отношения. – Стивен Шариф
- Certain siege mechanics may be gated for specific size groups during sieges.
- There will not be a deserter debuff for leaving a siege before it is complete.
- More will be revealed in an upcoming blog entry.
Part of this endeavor of sieging a player-held location (or non-player-held location) is time to prepare; and that includes gathering and crafting these mega weapons or collecting the resources: Whether it be gold or specific quest items to purchase from NPCs. – Стивен Шариф
The dragon will have a lot of capability in PvP. It's primarily its purpose, because as it relates to Castles and the sieges they're in, or Nodes and the sieges they're in. We want dragons to have large scale ramifications against player raids. – Стивен Шариф
- Districts are taken by defeating a "raid boss" guard NPC in that district.
- If attackers take over a district, they gain that district as a respawn location.
- The respawn time for defenders is increased for each district that is taken.
Defenders can assault the outposts of the attackers to hinder them.
Attackers may not be capable of deleveling a node. Instead they may carry out precision attacks to disable specific service-oriented buildings within the node. These buildings can be targeted with siege weapons and bombs.
As the attackers are sieging a city you know they have obviously a win condition- a win objective- but additionally there can be casualties from a structural standpoint during that process. So let's say if the... attackers were to not succeed in completely destroying the node they could still affect damage across multiple types of buildings that are present within the node, which disables services for that those citizens and also will require some type of reconstruction effort on behalf of the citizens. – Стивен Шариф
Completing a siege
- Defenders will be required to hold a central point in the node. Attackers will need to remove the defender's flag and raise their own.
If the node survives, there will be a cooldown before the node can be sieged again:
- There will be spoils from successfully sieging a node.
Nodes can be destroyed starting at Level 3 - Village Stage, and are destroyed through sieges... If a siege is successful, then the Node is brought down to Level 0, anyone who was a citizen of that Node is no longer a citizen, and any Freeholds owned by the citizens of the Node are destroyed. Destroyed Freeholds are subject to material loss, and blueprints for them are mailed to the player to utilize for future placement in order to allow the player to keep their Freehold’s layout and structure. – Margaret Krohn
- Nodes can delevel to stage 0 (wilderness) after a successful siege.
- A node cannot delevel more than a single level at a time.
If a Node delevels, it returns to the previous Stage, but keeps the racial style it had before deleveling. A Node cannot delevel more than a single level at a time. For example, a Level 2 Node would become a Level 1, or a Level 1 Node would become a Level 0. If deleveling would cause a Node to lose its Vassals, it does so. When a Node delevels it enters a “safe period,” during which the deficit is temporarily reduced to 0. Once the safe period expires, the Node can once again begin losing experience based on its deficit. – Margaret Krohn
Impact on freeholds
- Players and their allies may defend their freehold for this period of time.
- Structures and guards may be obtained to defend freeholds during this period.
After the two hour period of open combat following a successful node siege, any remaining freeholds will exist under a grace period for roughly 1 week where another node may take over the zone of influence of the freehold.
- If a freehold does not reside within the ZOI of a stage three (Village) node or above, it will be destroyed.
Once the vulnerability period is complete, any remaining Freeholds will exist under a grace period for roughly 1 week where another Node may take over the Zone of Influence of the Freehold. – Margaret Krohn
- Blueprints are mailed to the player to utilize for future placement.
- Destroyed freeholds are subject to material loss.
- Certificates will track major milestones (such as Furnaces and Homesteads, for example).
Not just in APOC where we want a completely destructible environment, but also in the MMORPG when it comes to Dungeons and traversing certain areas. We want destruction to be a very core element of how players make their way through the world. – Стивен Шариф
- Different races becoming primary contributors.
- Design elements determined by different governments.
- Reactions and interactions with other nodes in the world.
- The only way to remove an elected mayor prior to the end of their term is by destroying the node.
Это тот тип системы, который мы хотим вопротить в жизнь, когда группа с одними и теми же основными архетипами может собраться вместе, чтобы вызвать эффекты, зависящие от индивидуальности этого архетипа. – Стивен Шариф
- A siege summon will have an incremental size based on the number of summoners participating in that summon activity, with a maximum of eight.
- The number of summoners participating in the summon will determine its overall size.
- All summoners must be in the same party and the party leader must be a summoner.
- The party leader initiates the summon and then takes control of it.
- Once summoned, the party leader cannot be changed.
- If the party disbands, the summon ends. There will be a grace period to handle disconnects.
- The party may also contain non-Summoners.
If eight Tank archetypes each use one of their summon wall abilities it might construct a larger wall that can divide two raids in a moment; and would require damage and block skills and abilities for a momentary lapse of battle between those two raids. – Стивен Шариф
All Nodes have an experience deficit that accumulates daily. The deficit is based on the current level of the Node; experience earned is applied to the deficit, then any excess is added to the Node’s experience pool. At the end of the day, any remaining deficit is subtracted from the Node’s experience pool. If the deficit would cause the Node to drop under the required experience for its current level, certain flags will appear to notify the citizens that all is not well in their Node. After a short period, if the atrophy is not addressed, the Node will then delevel. – Margaret Krohn
Impact of monsters and world bosses
- Monster coin events do not occur before sieges.
- Monster coin events do not occur during sieges.
Impact on player stalls
We have conditions that you can set between nodes with regards to either nodes being friendly with each other and acting trade alliances, or they can declare war on nodes similar to how guild wars may function in different games, where those citizens become hostile to each other based on the player government that's elected in the particular node. So those systems all kind of cater to allowing a conflict that's meaningful and that also provides a non-imbalanced relationship between stronger guilds and not as strong guilds.  – Стивен Шариф
- Raid and dungeon bosses have specific mechanics that players need to learn and react to. Zergs that are not aware of these mechanics or react to them appropriately will be wiped.
- There is a give-and-take for guilds that want to see a larger number of members as opposed to a more focused group that may be a part of an alliance.
We're very cognizant of the fact that we don't want to see zerging be a mechanic that's utilized by guilds to accomplish content or just to steamroll over sieges... There are specific mechanics that we are working on that will be seen through the testing phases that relate to a degree of understanding of certain systems that can't just be overrun with numbers. – Стивен Шариф
The best way that I found in games I played previously to take down a zerg is to cause drama from within... It's that conflict inside of the politicking that happens in that big organization. If we provide opportunities for division to occur then it also provides stability to keep a server healthy away from that zerg mentality also... If we approach the castle siege and we've destroyed the walls and we're in the throne room and we're about to cast on the penultimate thing and I at this time am just so excited from what's happening that I'm like "screw it I'm gonna go for it". It's gonna be mine. I'm gonna take the taxes for the next month. I'm gonna take all the gear from the castle. I'm gonna take everything... We kind of want that political intrigue to be present in the game. – Стивен Шариф
Objective-based game play helps to balance the zerg mentality.
I always feel that if you balance based on groups that in your balance focus is to incorporate features that play well from a player versus player perspective as well as a player versus environment perspective: Having support classes, having DPS and tanks that can obstruct movement and/or create you know bottlenecks on the field and stuff like that. I think a well-rounded raid it will perform better against a non well-rounded raid, however then you incorporate the second aspect of numbers; and that's where again mobility, organization, leadership tactics. Having objectives in gameplay that make those important helps to balance the zerg mentality that a lot of guilds can tend to have. – Стивен Шариф
- Видео, 4 Декабря 2016 (0:02).
- A reactive world - Nodes.
- Видео, 30 Апреля 2017 (5:31).
- Blog - Know Your Nodes - Advance and Destroy.
- Стрим, 4 Мая 2018 (48:14).
- Интервью, 17 Августа 2018 (24:48).
- Official Livestream - May 4th @ 3 PM PST - Q&A
- Подкаст, 11 Мая 2018 (21:07).
- Стрим, 24 May 2017 (37:05).
- Blog: 10 facts about castle sieges in the MMORPG.
- Видео, 31 May 2017 (2:27).
- Стрим, 18 January 2018 (37:05).
- Интервью, 8 August 2018 (20:49).
- Стрим, 24 May 2017 (17:08).
- Стрим, 19 May 2017 (45:14).
- Стрим, 28 July 2017 (36:51).
- Стрим, 8 April 2018 (PM) (51:49).
- Стрим, November 22 2019 (17:59).
- Стрим, November 22 2019 (15:48).
- Стрим, 19 May 2017 (47:07).
- Стрим, 9 July 2018 (42:48).
- Стрим, 19 May 2017 (28:04).
- Стрим, 19 May 2017 (29:34).
- Стрим, 18 July 2017 (40:14).
- Стрим, 17 November 2017 (47:10).
- Ashes of Creation Apocalypse Early Access.
- Видео, 24 September 2019 (0:10).
- Стрим, 28 June 2019 (31:15).
- Стрим, 24 May 2017 (52:39).
- Стрим, 24 May 2017 (40:50).
- Стрим, 28 June 2019 (1:26:14).
- Подкаст, 11 Мая 2018 (49:20).
- Стрим, 19 May 2017 (10:06).
- Стрим, 8 April 2018 (AM) (28:01).
- Интервью, 17 August 2018 (14:59).
- Подкаст, 11 May 2018 (49:20).
- Стрим, 24 May 2017 (22:30).
- Стрим, 3 May 2017 (36:25).
- Стрим, 16 October 2017 (59:39).
- City hall.
- Видео, 5 April 2018 (41:48).
- Стрим, 5 May 2017 (23:26).
- Стрим, 19 May 2017 (25:18).
- Стрим, 22 May 2017 (57:37).
- Интервью, 11 May 2018 (44:20).
- Интервью, 8 August 2018 (11:52).