- Whoever is first to loot gets the loot.
- A master looter (or lootmaster) is a player designated by the party leader to decide how loot is distributed in a dungeon or raid party.
- Need before greed
- This is a traditional need before greed system based on dice rolls.
- Since there is very little gear binding in Ashes of Creation, it's left to the party to deal with players who excessively roll Need on loot.
- Bidding system
- Intrepid are investigating a potential bidding system, which allows players to bid on items instead of rolling for them.
- The first party to obtain a tag (on a mob or boss) will require approximately 40% or more of the total DPS to be granted looting rights.
- Parties who do not have the first tag will be required to do more than approximately 60% of the total DPS to quality for looting rights.
If you want to be able to get those mats from the boss, they're just not going to drop for anybody. They will only drop for a master gatherer who is capable of extracting those resources from the creature itself... The reason why we say there's a lot of interdependencies between the crafters of the world and the raiders of the world and our PvPers of the world is because we don't want to house the capability to attain these things all within the adventuring class. We want there to be an influence necessary from the craftsmen's guild to come in to either come and participate and spoil the boss and gather the goods or something along those lines. – Steven Sharif
Таблицы добычи of world bosses or dungeon bosses have a small RNG chance of dropping gear (completed items). Monsters drop hunting certificates, Items and crafting materials rather than gold.
- There is a much higher chance that materials and unique recipes are dropped that can be used to craft items of equitable value.
- There is a small RNG chance of looting rare and legendary items or crafting materials from mobs based on the level, status and type of mob. This also applies to harvesting resources with a gathering profession.
- Legendary equipment is only dropped by Legendary world bosses.
- Stats on dropped items will vary based on the rarity of the item.
- Loot tables are disabled for player controlled monsters.
- Experience debt decreases the drop rate percentages from monsters.
Hunting certificates is a term that covers items, such as Pelts that house the value of a mob's death. These certificates are specific to an economic region. These are intended as an alternative mechanic to acquire gold.
- A wolf is not going to be carrying a sack of gold. It may instead drop "pelts" that can be traded for gold.
- Hunting certificates will also drop on a character's death.
- Hunting certificates can be traded with hunter Неигровые персонажи within nodes.
- The level of the node and the distance of the node from the drop will determine the value of the certificate. Certificates redeemed from distant economic regions via the caravan system will provide higher returns (4 to 5 times greater in some cases) than certificates collected from the same region.
- The value of the certificates are also calculated (by the world manager algorithm) based on the volume of certificates being redeemed in each region.
- Hunting certificates may also be used to pay housing taxes and citizen dues.
- Hunting certificates can also be stored within node warehouses.
- Hunting certificates are not intended as crafting materials.
- Gatherers who are more advanced in their artisan tree will unlock higher level harvesting tools that have a greater chance of collecting higher quality resources or proccing a greater quantity.
You will have an opportunity to proc certain qualities based on your progression in the Artisan tree. So if you are a gatherer; and as you advance in your gathering, you'll have a higher opportunity to collect better resources. – Steven Sharif
Mount and pet drops
If a caravan is destroyed (becomes a wreckage) it will drop a portion of the goods it was transporting. The remainder of the caravan's goods are sunk (lost) when the caravan is destroyed.
- Anyone may loot the caravan's wreckage.
- Caravan components may also drop when a caravan is destroyed. These components may be salvageable by the caravan owner or by other players, in the case of high grade components.
- Caravans drop certificates for heavy goods that are redeemable at the origin node for a portion of the goods.
The caravan becomes a wreckage upon destruction and that wreckage is an interfaceable item that players can come up to and they can receive certificates for a portion of the goods inside the caravan. Now the idea with that certificate is that it must be taken back to the point of origin, or at least a region within that point of origin. We'll see about that last part because there's a few things I want to test in the Alpha from a gameability standpoint. The reason why for this is because what might happen is you may have some type of collaboration within a guild to kind of game that system. Hey I'm gonna reach this caravan just to the border of the region and then we're all destroy it, collect the goods and take it to you know that region's warehouse; and have to skip out on the last half of the way. So it must successfully reach its destination before the goods can be considered a part of that region. – Steven Sharif
- Высший ранг предметов будет комбинацией крафтовых и дропа с боссов.
- Редкость предметов будет соотноситься со сложностью цепи поставок, сбора, обработки и производства предмета.
- Вероятно, будет возможность определить для ремесленника как будет выглядеть готовый предмет.
- На произведенном предмете будет обозначено имя мастера.
Мы считаем, что каждый предмет, который существует в мире, должен каким-то образом отражать его создателя. Таким образом, наша система производства будет очень многогранна - мы хотим дать ремесленникам возможность создавать уникальные предметы, которые представляют их сильные и слабые стороны.
When a player dies they disintegrate into ash. The ashes contain any items lost by the player due to applicable death penalties. These ash piles are immediately lootable by any player. Player flagging is not triggered by looting.
- A non-combatant (green player) who dies suffers normal penalties, which include:
- Experience debt (negative experience).
- Durability loss.
- When players die and they take durability loss, our durability loss isn't like other games where it's a gold sink so to speak. It's a combination of both a gold sink and a material sink. So in a sense, even if you only have completed items, when you take that durability loss you are losing out on materials. It's just a debt to the materials that you are losing instead of the active loss of that material in your inventory. So now you are accruing a material debt if you want to repair and increase again the performance of those particular items that take that durability loss. – Steven Sharif
- Dropping a percentage of carried gatherables and processed goods.
- This also includes a percentage of the certificates a player is carrying.
- If a player dies there will be a period of time before their mule despawns. Other players must kill that player's mule to be able to loot it.
- If a player's mule dies its corpse will contain the same percentage of lootable items as the player.
- A combatant (purple player) who dies suffers these same penalties, but at half the rate of a non-combatant.
- A corrupt (red player) suffers penalties at four times the rate of a non-combatant, and has a chance to drop any carried/equipped items based on their current corruption score. This includes:
- Dropping weapons and gear.
- These dropped items may be looted by other players.
- Corrupt players respawn at random locations in the vicinity of their death, not at regular spawn points.
- Non-corrupt players always respawn at the closest active respawn point (to their death).
- Dampening (due to corruption) only affects PvP combat.
- As of May 28, 2021, the experience debt in Alpha-1 testing is "completely off mark" and will either be changed or disabled prior to the next spot test.
- There will not be death penalties applied to event-based deaths. The penalties are in the outcome of the event. So your number of deaths is likely going to impact your ability to win that particular event and that's going to be the penalty. This is it to encourage players to opt in to the events right because the more participation we have the more fun it can be; and we understand that the community at large- there's already a risk versus reward component to these events. We don't need to stack on additional risk versus reward to inhibit kind of- to increase the barrier to entry for players who may not be as interested. – Steven Sharif
There will not be a full drop and the reason for that is because you know our intention when it comes to progression within the world is we want it to be meaningful and you know take some investment on behalf of the player; and if even if from a design standpoint we're like yeah but they have to choose to go to the area; we don't want a choice that a player can make where they delete their character so to speak. – Steven Sharif
- There are also specific progression-based currencies that cannot be traded.
- Monsters don't drop gold, they instead drop hunting certificates.
- Game currency does not have weight.
- There is no cap on how much currency a player can hold.
- Allowing player-dropped items (such as Снаряжение and Currency) to exist in the world is likely not going to be allowed.
- Стрим, 26 March 2021 (26:40).
- Стрим, 30 November 2020 (1:01:40).
- Стрим, 25 July 2020 (1:24:56).
- Group dynamics blog.
- Стрим, 30 November 2020 (1:12:03).
- Подкаст, 4 August 2018 (1:44:54).
- Интервью, 19 July 2020 (8:43).
- February 8, 2019 - Questions and Answers.
- Интервью, 18 July 2020 (27:11).
- Стрим, 24 May 2017 (44:14).
- Интервью, 20 July 2020 (21:57).
- Стрим, 8 April 2018 (PM) (55:49).
- Интервью, 18 July 2020 (1:00:15).
- Стрим, 25 July 2020 (46:08).
- Стрим, 22 December 2020 (1:15:01).
- Стрим, 3 May 2017 (35:25).
- Ashes of Creation Forums - Former Lineage 2 PvP'er wanting to discuss PvP loopholes.
- Интервью, 19 July 2020 (1:08:22).
- Стрим, 29 October 2021 (1:06:31).
- Стрим, 26 March 2021 (1:07:33).
- Подкаст, 5 May 2017 (43:05).
- Стрим, 17 November 2017 (53:28).
- Стрим, 25 July 2020 (1:04:50).
- Стрим, 30 April 2020 (53:11).
- Интервью, 20 October 2018 (2:13).
- Стрим, 15 May 2017 (45:20).
- Стрим, 15 December 2017 (1:04:25).
- Интервью, 15 April 2019 (26:59).
- Стрим, 30 April 2021 (1:04:23).
- Интервью, 15 April 2019 (28:28).
- Стрим, 15 May 2017 (48:30).
- Стрим, 5 Мая 2017 (14:45).
- Стрим, 24 Мая 2017 (24:19).
- About Ashes of Creation.
- Стрим, 28 March 2020 (1:58:24).
- Подкаст, 23 April 2018 (49:21).
- Стрим, 24 September 2021 (51:20).
- Подкаст, 11 April 2021 (34:41).
- Стрим, 19 May 2017 (13:37).
- Интервью, 7 February 2021 (13:14).
- Интервью, 29 July 2020 (16:46).
- Стрим, 29 January 2021 (1:24:27).
- Стрим, 27 September 2018 (47:46).
- Интервью, 18 July 2020 (41:54).
- Стрим, 17 November 2017 (35:20).
- Интервью, 11 May 2018 (15:41).
- Интервью, 27 April 2017 (9:28).
- Стрим, 25 June 2021 (1:15:37).
- Интервью, 11 May 2018 (3:43).
- Стрим, 28 May 2021 (1:50:50).
- Стрим, 22 December 2020 (1:13:51).
- Стрим, 15 May 2017 (36:23).
- Стрим, 28 July 2017 (50:22).
- Стрим, 26 July 2019 (1:22:50).
- Ashes of Creation Press Kit.
- Интервью, 13 June 2021 (18:40).
- Стрим, 26 May 2017 (54:00).
- Стрим, 26 March 2021 (1:07:00).
- Стрим, 30 April 2021 (1:14:49).
- Стрим, 24 May 2017 (13:19).